Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Witr And Tahjjud

Tagged: ,

• Witr And Tahjjud

Posted by Khan on April 20, 2022 at 2:03 pm

Assalam-o-Alaikum sir

1) I pray 3 rakat witr in isha namaz daily can I pray tahjjud after that and If I can pray then how many rakats it should be? I have always prayed 2 rakats tahjjud and 3 witr is isha is it correct?

2) I have heard that witr is wajib what does that mean?

I am really confused between witr and tahjjud please explain I have seen lectures of Javed Ahmed Ghamidi sahab but Still I am confused can you please explain me in easy way you can?

Ghulam Ali Mohatarem replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Witr And Tahjjud

• Kausar Mehmood

Member April 20, 2022 at 5:52 pm

Walekum as Salam

1) Witr and Tahajjud is the same prayer. They are not two individual prayers. See the video below at around 2:00. It’s called Qiyam ul Lail. There’s many videos of Ghamidi Sir explaining them.

2) Wajib is a term used by Hanfi school of thought. The video explains that as well from the start. Ibadat can be mandatory or voluntary. Witr or Tahajjud is not mandatory.

https://youtu.be/iBpPA2fl8UA?t=116

• Umer

Moderator April 21, 2022 at 7:33 am

For further details, please refer to the videos shared in the following thread:

Discussion 65419

• Khan

Member April 21, 2022 at 5:55 pm

1) Then sir is ki niyat hum aese kar sakhty hen 3 rakat namaz e tahjjud?

2) and sir if witr and tahjjud are same then hum jo witr ki last rakat men “Dua e qunoot” parhte hen what about it ?

Please explain deeply?

• Umer

Moderator April 22, 2022 at 7:18 am

1) Niyat kai liya dil ka irada hona chaiyai, alfaz kehna zaroori nhi. Tafseel kai liya neechay dii gae video mulahiza karain:

2) Dua-e-qanoot tahajjud/witr ka lazmi juz nhi hai balaky iktiyari amal hai.

https://youtu.be/BbXzx6DQPXc

• Ghulam Ali Mohatarem

Member March 18, 2024 at 5:45 pm

As Salam alaikum

Friend wants to know the ahadees in which witr was allowed by prophet in place of tahajud

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register