Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Mocking Islam

Tagged: 

• Mocking Islam

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 17, 2020 at 11:52 am

And if thou ask them (O Muhammad) they will say: We did but talk and jest. Say: Was it at Allah and His revelations and His messenger that ye did scoff?

Make no excuse. Ye have disbelieved after your (confession of) belief. If We forgive a party of you, a party of you We shall punish because they have been guilty.

9:65-66

What is the meaning of mocking here. If someone makes fun of an Arabic word in the Quran because it sounds funny in a different language is this mocking? If someone makes a joke (forgive the case study 😂). What do you like in Ramadan. And the person replies dukhan. This means cigarette in modern Arabic and is a play on the name of a Quranic surah. Is this a mocking that takes one out of the gold of Islam as in the Quran it says these people who mock have disbelieved.

I ask because Allah was very strong in his reprimand in calling these people kafir. So is just merely joking and playing around not an excuse as the Quran says make no excuse?

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Mocking Islam

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 17, 2020 at 6:14 pm

I think if you read the entire paragraph (9:61-70), it will become very clear that the hypocrites are being discussed who in their hearts had not believed in the message, even after the completion of proof. So I find no surprise that such people were deemed kafirs.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register