Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Allah Created Humans When Most Of Them Will Enter Hell?

• Why Allah Created Humans When Most Of Them Will Enter Hell?

Posted by Lubna Syed on April 20, 2022 at 11:05 pm

Assalam o alaykum wa rehmatullah

I wanted to ask this question on behalf of a non Muslim.

I myself truly believe that Allah Subhanaho wa T’ala is the most merciful and beneficent.

I couldn’t think of a good answer when I heard this question

The question is , Allah says in Quran that He is the most merciful then why did He created the humans ? when He did know through his power that most of the humans will go to hell, as it’s also mentioned in Quran, He promises that He’ll fill the hell with humans. And why did He created feeling of pain if He says that He is merciful.

Will be much grateful if I can get the reply with profound explanation Or with Ustaaz Ghamidi any link or reference.

Many thanks

JazakAllah khair

Lubna Syed replied 1 year, 12 months ago 5 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Why Allah Created Humans When Most Of Them Will Enter Hell?

• Ahsan

Moderator April 21, 2022 at 3:25 am

I hope this thread help Discussion 42061

• Lubna Syed

Member April 21, 2022 at 4:07 am

Than you for replying, but my question is still unanswered, the question is why did Allah SWT create humans at all after knowing that they will go in hell fir their sins in this world?

• Ahsan

Moderator April 21, 2022 at 5:30 am

This world was created for test. God knowledge don’t influence our actions. Allah just made an statement that arrogance(my pinion) of human will lead to hell.

For instance, I make a statement, many people will deteriorate your health as they smoke or eat junk food, based on or lifestyle of today. Despite as an established fact, many people cannot avoid smoking or eat junk food.

So my knowledge didn’t influence the action of the other person it was their own choice.

The real question as mentioned in the thread above is why this world was created at all and we dont have any clear ans for that.

• Lubna Syed

Member April 21, 2022 at 6:03 am

Thanks for replying but I think I am failed to explain my question, the question is not about the reason. We all know as it’s also mentioned in Quran.

To make it more understandable i will put myself for example. If I say that I am very merciful than why did I made a thing about which I already knew through my knowledge that that thing will be in trouble due to its functions/ actions and free will? Because I say I am merciful.

Hope I conveyed my question well.

• Ahsan

Moderator April 21, 2022 at 9:54 am

I will try to ans in my capacity to this.
      These kind of question arises when we just consider merciful as only attribute of God. God has other attributes to like being a judge, all powerful etc. If you try to see complete picture you may be able to ans mercy vs suffering question

you may find following thread helpful

Discussion 18949

• Lubna Syed

Member April 21, 2022 at 9:59 am

Thank you for responding and effort. JazakAllah khair. I will listen to the threat given.

• Lubna Syed

Member April 21, 2022 at 6:23 am

Because it was in my hands,I would just not make it as I had power to decide.

• Umer

Moderator April 21, 2022 at 8:21 am

Please refer to the following thread for response by Javed Ahmed Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 65613

• Lubna Syed

Member April 21, 2022 at 9:24 am

Sorry I replied under different discussion, correcting it now. And many thanks for the above reply, brilliant explanation for ayah mentioned.

But my question is different, lets put in this way,

Before creating humans, Allah Subhanaho wa T’ala knew it already through his power of foreseeing, that this creation will be disobedient, then why did He create humans? Because it was Allah’s choice to create humans? So what I am thinking are humans created for the good ones so they can achieve success and enter heavens?

The question I heard is , when we read Quran we read in so many places that Allah Almighty is the most merciful and we believe in that off course and experience that in our every day life, the question is, having said that He is the most merciful then how come it’s a mercy to create someone about which He already knew that he will enter hell?

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member April 21, 2022 at 9:59 am

Your question is very valid. How can Allah be merciful or most merciful if He knows ao many of His creation will go to hell and lot of people will go to hell for an eternity

Allah gave the choice to humans each and everyone of us chose to be born and undergo the test of life in duniya.

Indeed, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they ˹all˺ declined to bear it, being fearful of it. But humanity assumed it, ˹for˺ they are truly wrongful ˹to themselves˺ and ignorant ˹of the consequences

so that Allah will punish hypocrite men and women and polytheistic men and women, and Allah will turn in mercy to believing men and women. For Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 33:72-73

these r the last ayahs of surah Al Ahzab, Allah explained the decision of humans and next ayah proclaimed His mercy and forgiveness

So, we chose to come in this world and accepted to be tested

Our decision doesn’t render Allah less merciful

• Lubna Syed

Member April 21, 2022 at 10:07 am

Many thanks for the reply JazakAllah khair

Yes we know that we decided for taking the test but question still arises that Allah Almight knew that before creating humans that what I am going to create will take up the challenge when asked and hence by this action they will enter hell.

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member April 21, 2022 at 10:15 am

So u r implying, If humans accepted the challenge with their free will and Allah said No I know u won’t do well in the test so I will deny u jannah and save u from hell??

How is that more merciful?

Isn’t that against Justice? A decision without evidence? If u read Quran, people will argue on the day of judgement and Allah will show them evidence. He’s most merciful but He’s most just too.

If we take this line of arguemnt, then we can ask why send us here at all? When we were created, Allah knew who’s going where so why the test at all?? We were all given equal opportunity to decide, Allah did nothing but respected our decision. He should’ve done that otherwise what’s the point of free will?

• Lubna Syed

Member April 21, 2022 at 10:13 am

The answer I can think of that this scheme, test and heavens are made only for the good ones?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 21, 2022 at 10:56 am

God’s scheme is to select human beings for His paradise – a place of perfection. Instead of doing so on the basis of His knowledge, He chose to allow us the opportunity to get selected. Had He made this selection solely based upon His knowledge, it would be unfair to us.

It’s quite natural to question God’s attribute of mercy when we see so much suffering around us. However, in order to understand things holistically, we must bear in mind all of the attributes of God. One of His attributes is that of justice, and He has told us that He never does anything against justice.

Pain and suffering is the order of this universe. No person in the entire history of mankind, regardless of how accomplished, rich, or famous, has ever been able to escape this phenomenon. This phenomenon exists solely because a test cannot be conducted in an environment where permanent happy state can be attained.

Please see the following thread in order to gain a better understanding of God’s scheme regarding human beings as it relates to test and trials:

Discussion 22229

Also you may find the videos linked in the following response helpful:

Discussion 64514 • Reply 64518

• Lubna Syed

Member April 21, 2022 at 11:05 am

Thank you for your response. Very logical.

Thanks for sharing the links. I will listen to them.

JazakAllah khair all those who helped answering the question.

Much appreciated.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register