Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Profit Received From National Savings Certificate (Fixed)

• Profit Received From National Savings Certificate (Fixed)

Posted by Farooq Khan on April 21, 2022 at 1:58 am

Dear Ghamidi Sb,

I have been investing in National Savings Certificate since July 2019. At that time I was not having a fixed source of income. By the end of 2019, I got employed in state owned company with a secure job and reasonable pay. Recently, I started reading Quran Pak Translation and Tafseer and realized that source of profit given by NSC is not known, therefore we cannot assess if it is Halal.

Now, I have earned a considerable amount of Profit and I am not investing anymore. Infact, decided to encash the certificate and invest the amount in Stock Market. My question is will I be accountable for the profit earned and consumed from NSC or not.

There is a clip of 2016 wherein you said that profits from National Savings is halal if we believe in Islamic Republic of Pakistan whereas profit from Commercial Banks is Haram and I made the investments on that clip. However, there is a clip of 2019 in which you stated that profit source is not known, therefore it is preferred not to invest if you have a good source of income.

Your opinion is requested in this matter.

Regards.

Umer replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register