Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Different Eids In Pakistan

Tagged: , ,

• Different Eids In Pakistan

Posted by Muhammad Wasif on May 1, 2022 at 12:58 pm

In Pakistan KP always have different Eid days because they believe moon has been sighted there. But rest of Pakistan doesn’t and state did not announce Eid on that day. Is it right thing done by KP. Or it is a collective matter so the ruling of state must be followed. Even pashtoons living in Punjab celebrate Eid According to KP. So what would be the right thing to do in this case?

Umer replied 1 year, 12 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Different Eids In Pakistan

Umer updated 1 year, 12 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 1, 2022 at 1:31 pm

Do you live in KP or just visiting?

• Muhammad Wasif

Member May 1, 2022 at 1:33 pm

I am asking generally. Neither do I live not I am visiting.

I think these are collective measures and what state says should be followed even if that’s wrong. Is that right thing for KP people to celebrate eid on other day than what state announces.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 1, 2022 at 1:39 pm

If you neither live in KP nor visiting then you should not worry about how they want to perform a certain ritual. Your focus as a common person should be in understanding and following God’s message so that you may be selected for God’s paradise. If the state itself has no problems with it then as a common person you too should refrain from making it a problem.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member May 1, 2022 at 2:41 pm

I didn’t make it a problem. Actually I was asking if it’s a problem or not. Because it is also involved in understanding God’s message for collective affairs. If someone asks you can guide them what does Islam says about it. Rest I am not blaming anyone. I just wanted to understand what does the ruling of Islam says.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 1, 2022 at 2:49 pm

If you want to understand the matter in principle (regardless of KP or any other region) please refer to the video below from 20:36 to 24:16:

• Muhammad Wasif

Member May 1, 2022 at 2:52 pm

Thanks

Yes that’s what I wanted to understand. Not thay I want to go and blame people for having eid a day before.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 1, 2022 at 3:04 pm

In regards to KP specifically, please understand that the state of KP itself announces Eid so the residents of that state are required to follow that decision.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member May 1, 2022 at 3:07 pm

Okay it’s a province and I considered Pakistan as state. But i got the point that their ruling body makes that decision so it’s okay for the residents to follow even if some of them agree with the Central decision. Thanks

• Umer

Moderator May 2, 2022 at 6:17 am

Please refer to the video below from 38:36 to 41:52

https://youtu.be/HIqi3M5MYRo?t=2316

• Umer

Moderator May 2, 2022 at 7:21 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register