Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Lifetime Of Missed Namaz (Qadha-e-Umri)

Tagged: ,

• Lifetime Of Missed Namaz (Qadha-e-Umri)

Posted by Deleted User 7113 on May 8, 2022 at 1:27 am

It is clearly mentioned in Quraan that if one misses rozay, s/he has to compensate and complete after ramzan. But it is not mentioned about namaz. If one misses namaz at its time, s/he has to compensate and offer in his lifetime. Though there is consensus/ ijmaa on this issue but its source has not been described. Can Mr Haroon tell me if there are ahadees on this issue? Are there ahadees describing that if a namaz is missed, it has to be offered even after days or months. I know about the ahadees in which it is mentioned that missed namaz should be offered before next namaz then it may not be considered as missed (meaning like this, not the exact words). I am not denying it nor I have any doubt about it but I want to know the source of this issue of compensating missed namaz.

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Lifetime Of Missed Namaz (Qadha-e-Umri)

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 8, 2022 at 11:25 am

It’s not accurate to say that there’s ijma on the concept of Qaza-e-Umri. Not only that several scholars don’t consider it correct but some of them consider it as innovation (bidah).

Here’s Ghamidi sahab’s viewpoint regarding how to make up for lifetime of missed salat and other obligations. There’s no guidance about such a situation in the nusoos, but it’s just common sense given what we already know with certitude.

• Deleted User 7113

Member May 8, 2022 at 12:11 pm

Sorry. It didn’t answer my question. I didn’t ask for dalail or reasoning. Also Qaza-i-umri has different meaning. One meaning which is famous among people and is totally wrong is certain way of offering four rakat. That is compensation of all the previously missed namaz. That concept has to be corrected and people have to be told that there is no such namaz. Second concept that all the namaz which are missed have to be compensated. That’s the true concept. What I wanted to know if there are ahadees in favour of this concept.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 8, 2022 at 12:38 pm

As I stated above:

“There’s no guidance about such a situation in the nusoos, but it’s just common sense given what we already know with certitude”

• Deleted User 7113

Member May 8, 2022 at 12:41 pm

Ok. That means there are no ahadees in support of qaza namaz. That was my perception also. This ends the discussion.

Thanks.

I will ask another question in a new thread

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 9, 2022 at 4:55 am

The idea of repeating the missed prayer came from the act and saying of the prophet that if someone missed his prayer while sleeping, he should perform it as soon as he wakes up. The prophet himself did the same. But this was for the prayer one missed unconsciously and when he realizes, he is given a chance to perform the act to satisfy his sense of duty. It doesn’t imply that the one must repeat the previous missed prayers. Their time is gone. Same could have said for the fast. But God made it clear that fasts can be kept later. We have another analogy for it. Women are asked to keep their missed fasts during their menstrual cycle after Ramadan but not obliged to say their missed prayers.

• Deleted User 7113

Member May 9, 2022 at 8:16 am

Sorry Mr. Shahzad. I know about it. I didn’t ask it nor reasoning or justification of offering missed namaz. What I asked if there is any hadees about praying missed namaz later at a time of one own choice. Mr Faisal Haroon’s answer was ‘No’. That was Ok I had closed the thread

Let me say here that being a teacher and teachers trainer myself, I always prefer to give answer in black and white and to the point, not any grey answer. If one doesn’t have answer, it should be said so.

Again I am closing thread here and will not reply to any further comments.

Thank you

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 9, 2022 at 8:55 am

Qamar sahab on this platform a thread can only be closed by the moderators, not members. Also I suggest that in the future you should deploy a tone that’s more in line with being nice and respectful in accordance with the Ask Ghamidi Code of Conduct.

• Deleted User 7113

Member May 9, 2022 at 9:10 am

Ok

Thank you

• Deleted User 7113

Member May 9, 2022 at 9:25 am

I am sorry and apologise if any one got offended by my statement. That was never my purpose. I can’t imagine to be disrespectful to any one, as I expect it for myself from my students. Please accept my sincere apologies I only wanted to know something which I didn’t know. I usually try to find answers in literature. I ask question only if I don’t get answer by searching the books.

Thanks once again.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 9, 2022 at 9:32 am

No problem. Stay blessed.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register