Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Sajda-e-tilawat While Reciting Quran

Tagged: ,

• Sajda-e-tilawat While Reciting Quran

Posted by Deleted User 7113 on May 8, 2022 at 8:57 pm

I have two questions about sajda tilawat. 1. There are 14/15 ayahs after which sajda has to be performed, sooner or later. I want to know, who decided or suggested sajda after those ayah. Did our beloved prophet advise or some other sahaba or faqih decided after observing prophet performing sajda after recitation of these ayah.

2. In surah inshiqaq aya no 21 (84:21) (aya sajda), it is mentioned that (translation) they don’t perform sajda when Quran is recited. By this aya, it will mean that sajda should be performed whenever Quran is read or recited, not only after 14 or 15 ayah. Of Course it is desirable but will be too cumbersome and beyond the capacity of common man. So why sajda tilawat have been limited to only 14/15 ayah

Saiyed juned Alimiya replied 1 year, 11 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Sajda-e-tilawat While Reciting Quran

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 9, 2022 at 2:28 am

There is not a separate ritual in the name of sajda e tilaawat. The prophet performed sajda while reciting some verses when mentions sajda as was his way to respond to the verses in other ways too like he used to bessech God mercy or asks for His bounty on certian verses. One may choose to do the same but it is not obligatory.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 9, 2022 at 4:29 am

The verse you quote says when Quran is recited they don’t prostrate. If it is taken literally it means not only a particular verse but whatever portion of the Quran and whenever it is recited the listeners must prostrate. This is not what it means. This is about the non believer that they don’t bow down to the glory of the Quran when it is recited to them. They should be inspired and feel awe.

• Umer

Moderator May 10, 2022 at 4:46 pm

To understand the rationale behind ‘Sajda-e-Tilawat‘, Please refer to following responses of Ghamidi Sahab:

Please refer to the link below from 13:24 to 18:20

ilm-o-Hikmat 14-08-2016

• Umer

Moderator May 10, 2022 at 4:46 pm

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member June 7, 2022 at 11:09 pm

IInsort kya law ko singing kiya ja sakta he? Mean jo hamari zubaan me jumale me jo stress hota he, wesa hi strees jab qari hazarat qiraat karte he to arbiyat ki ruh se ada ho jata he??

• Umer

Moderator June 7, 2022 at 11:12 pm

Ji hoo jata hai ada.

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member June 7, 2022 at 11:16 pm

JJazakomullah

The discussion "Sajda-e-tilawat While Reciting Quran" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now