Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Love Marriage And Caste System In A Muslim Society

• Love Marriage And Caste System In A Muslim Society

Posted by Sameer Namole on May 21, 2022 at 11:07 pm

The place I live in, here are many sects based on cast in muslim community. People are so emotional and ego driven for their cast that the whole cast officially removes an individual from them if he or she marry someone outside the cast.

What does religion has to say in this :

If someone does intercast marrige against the will of his relatives and if they break bonds with him, will he be accountable for this before Allah?

Umer replied 1 year, 11 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Love Marriage And Caste System In A Muslim Society

Umer updated 1 year, 11 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 22, 2022 at 2:24 am

Marriage in principle is the decision of man and woman. The society is supposed to be a facilitator, not arbitrator. Islam allows interfaith marriages too with the people of book let alone intersect marriages.

The foremost thing in marriage is compatibility between husband and wife.

Since marriage is the right of man and woman so what they decide against the pleasure of their people doesn’t make them sinner. However every effort should be made to keep the bonds unbroken.

• Sameer Namole

Member May 22, 2022 at 2:27 am

Can I DM you sir?

• Ahsan

Moderator May 22, 2022 at 2:32 am

For Islamic perspective on love marriage see Discussion 1732

The only thing which may cause accountability is breaking of ties. For further details check Discussion 53710

This is unfortunate situation. I am personally of opinion that inter cast marriage may happen so that we can get rid of such kind of traditions and hatred.

However, I will suggest you to make peace with this custom and dont marry outside but you can break this cycle in future when you become head of family.

In case if you marry outside, only Allah knows who will be more responsible and accountable.

• Umer

Moderator May 22, 2022 at 2:29 pm

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 28:27 to 31:50

• Umer

Moderator May 22, 2022 at 2:29 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 20:00 to 21:31

• Umer

Moderator May 22, 2022 at 2:30 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 33:02 to 38:44

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register