Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Bukhari Hadith No.526 – A Person Touching Namahram Woman And Forgiveness

• Bukhari Hadith No.526 – A Person Touching Namahram Woman And Forgiveness

Posted by Abdulrehman Shaikh on May 30, 2022 at 8:32 am

Assalamu alaikum

My question is

There is a hadith in sahi bukhari which says that man come to rasul allah saw and says that he kissed na mehram woman , i am qouting that hadith below , will you please explain what is your stance about this hadith either it is sahi or zaeef, and if it is sahi then what is correct mafhoom of this hadith.

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ ، قَالَ : حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ بْنُ زُرَيْعٍ ، عَنْ سُلَيْمَانَ التَّيْمِيِّ ، عَنْ أَبِي عُثْمَانَ النَّهْدِيِّ ، عَنْ ابْنِ مَسْعُودٍ ، أَنَّ رَجُلًا أَصَابَ مِنَ امْرَأَةٍ قُبْلَةً ، فَأَتَى النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَأَخْبَرَهُ ، فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ وَأَقِمِ الصَّلاةَ طَرَفَيِ النَّهَارِ وَزُلَفًا مِنَ اللَّيْلِ إِنَّ الْحَسَنَاتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّيِّئَاتِ سورة هود آية 114 ، فَقَالَ الرَّجُلُ : يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ، أَلِي هَذَا ؟ قَالَ : لِجَمِيعِ أُمَّتِي كُلِّهِمْ

Narrated Ibn Mas`ud: A man kissed a woman (unlawfully) and then went to the Prophet and informed him. Allah revealed: And offer prayers perfectly At the two ends of the day And in some hours of the night (i.e. the five compulsory prayers). Verily! good deeds remove (annul) the evil deeds (small sins) (11.114). The man asked Allah’s Apostle, Is it for me? He said, It is for all my followers.

Sahi bukhari hadith 526

Jazakallah khair

Umer replied 1 year, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Bukhari Hadith No.526 – A Person Touching Namahram Woman And Forgiveness

Umer updated 1 year, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 30, 2022 at 10:18 pm

Zina‘ is prohibited in Islam and is a major sin. Acts which lead to Zina also known as precursors to Zina are minor sins like lustful gaze, physical touch and getting intimate etc. If someone has committed a minor sin like this but managed to control himself from major sin of Zina, then such minor sins will be forgiven in accordance with Quran:

إِن تَجْتَنِبُواْ كَبَآئِرَ مَا تُنْهَوْنَ عَنْهُ نُكَفِّرْ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَنُدْخِلْكُم مُّدْخَلاً كَرِيمًا

If you abstain from the major sins of what is being prohibited to you, We shall forgive your minor sins and shall make you enter a place of honour. (Quran 4:31)

The same has been stated by Prophet Muhammad (sws) in the following narration:

https://sunnah.com/abudawud:2152

The above narration can be seen in the same context where person was able to refrain himself from a major sin after committing a minor sin.

Please also refer to the video below from 4:49 onward

https://youtu.be/l16ad6WN0Q0?t=289

• Umer

Moderator May 30, 2022 at 10:18 pm

The discussion "Bukhari Hadith No.526 – A Person Touching Namahram Woman And Forgiveness" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now