Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State War For Unethical Cause

Tagged: , ,

• War For Unethical Cause

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on June 2, 2022 at 10:14 am

Assalamualaikum

If i an land of Muslim, the state comes to an agreement that we will wage a war against X country, but i think that their decision is unIslamic and unethical, and i am in army. So if i don’t go on war then would it be considered treason?

And does that goes with non Muslim states, as Muhammad Ali didn’t go on Vietnamese war?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • War For Unethical Cause

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 3, 2022 at 4:54 am

Muslim is obliged to maintain the ethically principled stance. It is his moral and religious duty no to obey an unethical and Un-Islamic order. This is Jihad and in this scenario becomes the Great Jihad (Jihad e Akbar)

No obedience in the disobedience of God is the requisite to be a Muslim

• Nadeem Minhas

Member June 3, 2022 at 2:58 pm

Dr. Irfan you stated it perfectly. But this rule may run into an issue. Determining if it is a just war by a Muslim nation against a Muslim or a non-Muslim nation may not be possible in many cases for ordinary soldiers or civilians. Many times due to war strategy or political reasons many facts cannot be disclosed to the general public. Even if it may be a legitimate war, if ordinary soldiers are given the right to judge, perhaps many will refuse to go to war.

Soldiers need to follow the command without question. If it is really an unjust war or somehow facts are twisted to make it look like a just war, then would’nt it be the people in command that will be answerable to Allah?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 3, 2022 at 10:15 pm

It is the responsibility of the authorities the satisfy their soldiers one way or the other. But it is the man who is responsible for his actions in the hereafter. Allah has clearly told us in the Quran that the followers will be equally punished for following the wrong of their leaders ignoring the call of their conscience..

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register