Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Ghamidi Sahab's Comments On Sheikh Albani’s Hadith Books

Tagged: ,

• Ghamidi Sahab's Comments On Sheikh Albani’s Hadith Books

Posted by Taimur Chaudhry on June 6, 2022 at 6:56 pm

I would like to know Ghamidi sahib’s opinion on the works Silsalat al-Hadith ad-Da’ifah and Silsalat al-Hadith as-Sahihah by Sheikh al-Albani. Has he used them as a reference for his own works? Particularly the ahadith in the Sihah al-Sittah which Ghamidi sahib does not consider as authentic? Conversely, are their ahadith al-Albani considers sahih/hassan yet Ghamidi sahib does not (for whatever reasons)?

On a wider note, if to your knowledge, what are the wider scholarly sentiments regarding these works of al-Albani and are they used to override the Sihah al-Sittah’s classification of ahadith?

Umer replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ghamidi Sahab's Comments On Sheikh Albani’s Hadith Books

Umer updated 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 7, 2022 at 2:07 am

Albani’s contribution is great. Scholars benefit from it but don’t rely completely on it as in this world of knowledge no one is the final authority.

Ghamidi sahab rather relies on Abdullah Azmi’s work, his collection of all sahih and Hassan Ahadith in his Jamey Al Kamil.

• Taimur Chaudhry

Member June 7, 2022 at 2:27 am

@irfan76 thank you.

Just out of curiosity, since I do not have access to the Jamey and cannot comprehend Arabic, does it have the narration of Aisha RA about her age at nikkah and at consummation?

Personally I think she was 19 because of the age difference with Asma RA, the narration about Surah Qamar, the reason for getting married (a mature woman to take care of the household), etc. But would like to know out of curiosity, if the Jamey is available to you.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 7, 2022 at 2:39 am

It is not available to me.

• Umer

Moderator June 7, 2022 at 11:41 pm

Please also refer to the following comments of Ghamidi Sahab from 37:34 to 40:03

https://youtu.be/LzvAFRymyL8?t=2254

The discussion "Ghamidi Sahab's Comments On Sheikh Albani’s Hadith Books" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now