Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 2:180 – Is It Obligatory To Make A Will?

Tagged: ,

• Quran 2:180 – Is It Obligatory To Make A Will?

Posted by Hamid Butt on June 15, 2022 at 1:56 am

While reading Quran sura Baqara ayat 180 today. I need your advice

I have 4 kids wife, and 6 brothers and sisters and many cousins and other family members. Alhamdulillah! Do I need to write a will of my wealth as per subject aya. Does any of my family members other then 4 Kids and wife have any share/right of my wealth, Seeking your advice as per Quran

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Quran 2:180 – Is It Obligatory To Make A Will?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 16, 2022 at 6:54 am

After the revelation of the law of inheritance in Suran al-Nisa, verse 11-12 and 176, the obligation to make will is no more. Still you have authority to make a will, partial or whole of your wealth. in the absence of your will, all your wealth after you, will be distributed according to the law of inheritance, that is, to your wife and children (if they are both boys and girls) and nothing will be remaining for others. if you have only daughters, they will have two third of your wealth after excluding the share of your wife that is one eighth of the total wealth. the remaining part of the wealth (if not bequeathed already) can be give to the male closest relation to you in the family if there is any, if not, or if no appropriate, then it can be given back to the kids or wife. this can be decided by the distributing authority or the arbitrator with consultation and consent.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register