Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 5:73 – Trinity Called Kufar?

• Quran 5:73 – Trinity Called Kufar?

Posted by Aayan Zubairi on June 18, 2022 at 1:53 pm

Salam,

I would like to know Ghamidi sahab’s opinion regarding why the Quran calls the belief of the trinity kufr,

Allah says in the Quran, “They disbelieve those who say, “God is the third of three.” But there is no deity except the One God. If they do not refrain from what they say, a painful torment will befall those among them who disbelieve.” (5:73)

as considering according to his view (as I understand it) kufr can only be committed if one denies the 5 articles of faith and/or rejects the 5 pillars of faith?

Umer replied 1 year, 10 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Quran 5:73 – Trinity Called Kufar?

Umer updated 1 year, 10 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • Muhammad Talha

Member June 18, 2022 at 4:51 pm

Moderators can guide you best but in my opinion since Tawheed is the foremost condition for Imaan so any other form that associates any other deities with God will violate the sanctity of Tawheed and hence it is considered as Kufr.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 18, 2022 at 11:23 pm

Trinity considers three godheads, three in one and one in three. It is a self conceived assumption which is both Shirk and Kufr in the sense that not only God did not teach it but also refuting it then in the time of the revelation but the christians were not accepting it. It is kufr still for those who deny this fact in face of the arguments presented to them and they prefer to stick to an assumption which is not supported by Torah nor by Injeel which are still with them. All this assumption based in the letters of St. Paul who later came into the circle of Christianity after Jesus .

• Umer

Moderator June 20, 2022 at 5:40 am

This is in context of rejecting God (‘Kufr‘) not blatantly or openly but rather in essence (‘Haqeeqat kai lehaz sai‘).

Please refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 4209 • Reply 4656

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register