Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 4:24 And Quran 23:6 – Different Translation For Malik-e-Yameen

Tagged: ,

• Quran 4:24 And Quran 23:6 – Different Translation For Malik-e-Yameen

Posted by ashif ahmed on June 25, 2022 at 5:01 pm

وَّالۡمُحۡصَنٰتُ مِنَ النِّسَآءِ اِلَّا مَا مَلَـكَتۡ اَيۡمَانُكُمۡ‌ۚ كِتٰبَ اللّٰهِ عَلَيۡكُمۡ‌ۚ وَاُحِلَّ لَـكُمۡ مَّا وَرَآءَ ذٰ لِكُمۡ اَنۡ تَبۡتَـغُوۡا بِاَمۡوَالِكُمۡ مُّحۡصِنِيۡنَ غَيۡرَ مُسَافِحِيۡنَ‌ ؕ فَمَا اسۡتَمۡتَعۡتُمۡ بِهٖ مِنۡهُنَّ فَاٰ تُوۡهُنَّ اُجُوۡرَهُنَّ فَرِيۡضَةً‌ ؕ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيۡكُمۡ فِيۡمَا تَرٰضَيۡـتُمۡ بِهٖ مِنۡۢ بَعۡدِ الۡـفَرِيۡضَةِ‌ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰهَ كَانَ عَلِيۡمًا حَكِيۡمًا ۞

4:24) And also forbidden to you are all married women (muhsanat) except those women whom your right hands have come to possess (as a result of war).44 This is Allah’s decree and it is binding upon you. But it is lawful for you to seek out all women except these, offering them your wealth and the protection of wedlock rather than using them for the unfettered satisfaction of lust. And in exchange of what you enjoy by marrying them pay their bridal-due as an obligation. But there is no blame on you if you mutually agree to alter the settlement after it has been made. Surely Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

فَإِذَا لَقِيتُمُ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ فَضَرْبَ ٱلرِّقَابِ حَتَّىٰٓ إِذَآ أَثْخَنتُمُوهُمْ فَشُدُّوا۟ ٱلْوَثَاقَ فَإِمَّا مَنًّۢا بَعْدُ وَإِمَّا فِدَآءً حَتَّىٰ تَضَعَ ٱلْحَرْبُ أَوْزَارَهَا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ وَلَوْ يَشَآءُ ٱللَّهُ لَٱنتَصَرَ مِنْهُمْ وَلَـٰكِن لِّيَبْلُوَا۟ بَعْضَكُم بِبَعْضٍۢ ۗ وَٱلَّذِينَ قُتِلُوا۟ فِى سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ فَلَن يُضِلَّ أَعْمَـٰلَهُمْ

So when you meet those who disbelieve [in battle], strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them, then secure their bonds, and either [confer] favor afterwards or ransom [them] until the war lays down its burdens. That [is the command]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken vengeance upon them [Himself], but [He ordered armed struggle] to test some of you by means of others. And those who are killed in the cause of Allah – never will He waste their deeds.

in dono ayat o se ghamidi sab ke nukta nazar me contradiction nehi ho raha kyki surah Nisa me Jung ki qaidii o ki bat ho Rahi hei aur surah Muhammad 47:4 me gulam banana band kar diya hei darwaza in dono ayat o ka contradiction nazar ata hei

aur is video me 36 minutes ke bad https://youtu.be/GCUQosMJcUU

ghamidi sab ne Nisa ki jo ayat hei yeh kaha hei ki woh aurat jo a gayi qaidi banke unse nikah kar sakte ho

kya qaidi o se nikah karna jaiz tha aur ek sawal surah Muhammad me jo ehsan ya fidiya lekar chorne ki bat kahi hei waha par gulam banana bad kiya hei qaidi

Umer replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Quran 4:24 And Quran 23:6 – Different Translation For Malik-e-Yameen

Umer updated 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • ashif ahmed

Member June 25, 2022 at 5:21 pm

اِلَّا عَلٰٓى اَزۡوَاجِهِمۡ اَوۡ مَا( مَلَـكَتۡ) اَيۡمَانُهُمۡ فَاِنَّهُمۡ غَيۡرُ مَلُوۡمِيۡنَ‌ۚ‏ ۞

surah mominon

23:6

And successful are the believers who guard their chastity … except from their wives or those that their right hands possess.”

surah nisa

وَّالۡمُحۡصَنٰتُ مِنَ النِّسَآءِ اِلَّا مَا (مَلَـكَتۡ) اَيۡمَانُكُمۡ‌ۚ كِتٰبَ اللّٰهِ عَلَيۡكُمۡ‌ۚ وَاُحِلَّ لَـكُمۡ مَّا وَرَآءَ ذٰ لِكُمۡ اَنۡ تَبۡتَـغُوۡا بِاَمۡوَالِكُمۡ مُّحۡصِنِيۡنَ غَيۡرَ مُسَافِحِيۡنَ‌ ؕ فَمَا اسۡتَمۡتَعۡتُمۡ بِهٖ مِنۡهُنَّ فَاٰ تُوۡهُنَّ اُجُوۡرَهُنَّ فَرِيۡضَةً‌ ؕ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيۡكُمۡ فِيۡمَا تَرٰضَيۡـتُمۡ بِهٖ مِنۡۢ بَعۡدِ الۡـفَرِيۡضَةِ‌ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰهَ كَانَ عَلِيۡمًا حَكِيۡمًا ۞

surah mominon aur Nisa me dono jagah malakat ka alfaz aya hei toh ham kaise pata karenge ki londi ki bat ho Rahi hei ya nehi surah mominon me toh saf bata chalta hei aisi aurat se physical relation ki ijazat mil rahi hei Jo biwi ke alawa hei ab jinse humne shadi nehi kya hei Jo ki londi hee ho sakti hei par surah Nisa me yeh kaise keh sakte hei ki waha malakat ke Murad Jung me ayi Hui aurat ho gulam nehi hei bad me unse unki marji se shadi kar sakte hei

aur agar dono me gulam hee hei toh surah Muhammad ki jo nukta ghamidi sab bayan karte hei un dono ke siwa aur kuch rasta nehi hei toh yeh sab ayat a contradict nehi ho raha

• Umer

Moderator June 27, 2022 at 9:36 am

Quran 4:24 relates to women prisoners (‘Jangi Qaidi’) who chose to marry Muslim men out of their freewill. This has nothing to do with slaves, it relates to the situation where already married women were captured during war, in that case, if they chose to marry any other man, they were given exception that they can if they chose to do so, in accordance with the already held custom of Arabs where previous Nikah was considered ineffective, as soon as a married woman became a war captive.

مَلَکَتۡ اَیۡمَانُکُمۡ here has not been tranlated as concubines (slave women) because of the verse starting with وَّ الۡمُحۡصَنٰتُ مِنَ النِّسَآءِ اِلَّا which is prohibiting Nikah with women who are in someone else’s Nikah and مَلَکَتۡ اَیۡمَانُکُمۡ has been mentioned as an exception to this rule i.e. women in someone else’s Nikah can be married to if they come in one’s possession as a prisoner of war, therefore tranlsating مَلَکَتۡ اَیۡمَانُکُمۡ as concubines here would be against the rules of linguistics. Translating مَلَکَتۡ اَیۡمَانُہُمۡ in Quran 23:6 as concubines is also in coherence with the context, since here wives are mentioned as a sole candidate for intimacy with the exception of concubines that one already possesses.

There is a difference between a prisoner of war and a Slave, please see:

Discussion 70160 • Reply 71415

__

Please also refer to the video below from 12:02 to 13:40

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register