Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Offering Salah While Sitting In Chair Because Of Illness

Tagged: , ,

• Offering Salah While Sitting In Chair Because Of Illness

Posted by Saleem Malik on June 26, 2022 at 10:49 pm

Asalamualaikum. I wanted to know if a person is ill and couldn’t stand straight, can he offer the prayer on a chair? I asked this question to alot of aalims here in Kashmir but they were totally against it. Infact, they gave some references from the hadees but I was not satisfied. What could be done on this matter.

Umer replied 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Offering Salah While Sitting In Chair Because Of Illness

Umer updated 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 26, 2022 at 11:31 pm

The principle in the matters of worship is Yusr, i.e. ease. Whenever a person feels hardship in performing a ritual in its standard form, an alternate is provided. This is the principle always keep in mind to know the answer of such questions. for example, Tayammum is prescribed when one is travelling, or sick or find no water. One may run a wet hand on socks when wearing it during wudu, if one has washed his feet before wearing socks.

Now come to your question. when one is not able or find difficulty to perform prayer in the normal way, one may perform in any way which is near to the normal form. Using chair to offer prayer while sitting is quite right.

• Umer

Moderator June 27, 2022 at 2:17 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register