Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Are Ghamidi Sahab's Viewpoints Correctly Represented On Ask Ghamidi?

• Are Ghamidi Sahab's Viewpoints Correctly Represented On Ask Ghamidi?

Posted by Uzair Khalil on June 27, 2022 at 1:27 pm

Are all the responses given by moderators and scholars (Tariq Haashmi sb, Irfan Shahzad sb) on this platform, in line with the thinking of Ghamidi sb or not? While responding to questions, sometimes it’s not mentioned by moderators/scholars whether this is Ghamidi sb’s thinking or their own opinion. I experienced an incident on this platform where a response was given by a scholar and then the moderator came in with another response, mentioning, this is by Ghamidi sb. Both responses were not the same. How do we know if a response is what Ghamidi sb believe in or moderator/scholars’ own opinion. This is very important for those who are mostly interested in knowing Ghamidi sb’s opinion.

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Are Ghamidi Sahab's Viewpoints Correctly Represented On Ask Ghamidi?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 27, 2022 at 1:58 pm

Ghamidi sahab is the only person in the world whose direct response to a question could be considered 100% in line with his own viewpoints. Even Ghamidi sahab’s own response is subject to change with time and further research.

Other people in the Ask Ghamidi team are students of Ghamidi sahab, for several decades in many cases, and try to respond to any questions in line with Ghamidi sahab’s principles. Majority of the times Ghamidi sahab’s own writings or videos are shared to keep the responses as authentic as possible.

If someone still requires a direct response by Ghamidi sahab, they can register for the monthly Ask Ghamidi Live events from within the app.

The key thing is to focus on the reasoning provided in any response rather than focusing on a given personality. This is directly in line with Ghamidi sahab’s own teachings.

• Uzair Khalil

Member June 27, 2022 at 3:40 pm

A little comment on the last para of your response. It’s about the trust in a given personality especially if one has been listening to a particular scholar (much more experienced and knowledgeable) for past 7,8 years and finds his arguments reasonable and convincing. Sometimes you don’t have time to go in details and you just need to find out if it’s a YES or NO. In those circumstances, you just go with the person you trust as compared to someone you never listened to before. Let me give you an example to clarify.

I wanted to know if Eid prayer is mandatory for muslims to offer or not. One of the scholar on this platform said it’s mandatory and supposed to be administered by muslim state. But one of the moderators said, per Ghamidi sb, its Mustahab. What do you think I would do? Of course I’d go with Ghamidi sb’s opinion. That’s why I mentioned its important for people like me to know if it’s coming from Ghamidi sb or not.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 27, 2022 at 3:51 pm

My comment above is a general one. For any particular issue please either request clarification on the thread in question or create a new post referencing the thread in question.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register