Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Conquest Of Makkah

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 18, 2020 at 6:05 pm

Who was spared that didn’t embrace Islam?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 18, 2020 at 11:12 pm

Sorry bhai this is my lack of knowledge- was there anyone left?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 19, 2020 at 12:31 am

No problem, I was just trying to figure what caused you to believe so. In my understanding almost everyone embraced Islam. Few that didn’t were either killed or left town.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 22, 2020 at 11:48 pm

Sorry bhai I was just looking back and why did some leave town- shouldn’t all have been killed?

@faisalharoon

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 7:19 pm

No only the mushrikeen are killed who have a)received the truth, and b)denied the truth after it has become clear to them beyond any reasonable doubt.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 2:51 am

Is there order of killing all disbelievers, even people of the book ? Or was this order restricted only to killing the polytheists ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 6:54 am

People of book were ordered to be dominated and pay jizyah

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 8:21 am

But aren’t they also rejecting the truth ? Aren’t they also disbelievers ? Why not kill them too ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 8:23 am

But they Insisted that they were monotheist and they didn’t open the declare polytheism and like the Quraysh

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 8:28 am

But they still rejected the truth of Islam ..and didn’t accept Prophet Muhammad as the messenger of God, which is the definition of a disbeliever. In your opening post you mentioned quoting Ghamidi saab :

“when a prophet performs itmaam e hujjat all rejectors of the truth are killed.”

What is truth here ? What does it mean to reject the truth ? Does it mean that people of the book didn’t reject the truth when they rejected Prophet Muhammad ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 8:29 am
    • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 8:31 am

I think brother Umer can explain better إن شاء الله

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 10:44 am

OK..

• Umer

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 8:06 am

A few clarifications might be helpful in this regard:

1) Polytheists of Mecca were indulged in polytheism knowingly and willingly, as a part of divine religion and used to profess that openly. One can do Dawah as Quran has done and asked a very logical question that when someone believes in a GOD and worships that GOD, then how can someone associates partners with GOD when there is neither any philosophical basis for that nor any explicit authority from the GOD himself.

After the Dawah of Prophet, spreading over almost two decades, when GOD finally revealed to the Prophet that truth had been made clear to them, they had seen every sign and actually believed that this was the right message; now divine punishment must be imposed on them.

2) People of the book on the other hand (especially jews), their actual crime was not polytheism, their actual crime was denying Prophethoods of both Jesus (AS) and Muhammad (SWS) despite giving their pledge to GOD that they will support GOD’s last and final messenger. They did have polytheistic beliefs no doubt, and Quran has vehemently rejected those beliefs, but they didn’t follow polytheism knowingly and willingly (they’re all proponents of monotheism just like many sects today within Muslims themselves). This is the only reason their divine punishment is different from that of polytheists. Polytheists of Mecca committed two crimes intentionally i.e. both knowingly and willingly (polytheism and rejection of truth), while People of the Book on the other hand committed crime of rejection only.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 8:11 am

So the crime doesn’t lie in the rejection of the prophet- so the punishment of death is only for polytheism? Has his been the case since prophethood started? @UmerQureshi

• Umer

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 8:14 am

Rejecting one and true prophet after giving your words to GOD is a big crime in itself but intentional polytheism (even after Dawah of Prophet) is an even bigger crime.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 8:17 am

My question stemmed because brother Faisal said below that knowingly rejecting the truth in any capacity leads to death. So why weren’t the people of the book who rejected the truth (by not accepting Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) even after his prophethood was made fully clear to them killed?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 7:22 pm

People of the book who “knowingly” reject truth after it has become clear to them are also killed. But those who reject it on the basis of misunderstanding/misinterpreting are spared life.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 23, 2020 at 9:22 pm

A Muslim man could marry a Christian woman, without the Christian woman converting to Islam, and despite her rejection of Prophet Muhammad’s truth. Now are you saying that she didn’t “knowingly” reject truth ?

If there was a polytheist, would it mean that he will also be spared his life if he rejected the truth due to misunderstanding ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 8:10 am

So Faisal bhai- were any people of the book killed? If not then did the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم not complete the itmaam e hujjat on them? @faisalharoon

• Umer

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 8:20 am

Just a comment, I am sure Faisal Sahab will elaborate further. There is a common category among both Pagans of Mecca and people of the book who took their enmity of the Prophet to such an extreme that they were ordered to be murdered under all circumstances whatsoever.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 9:33 am

Yes to my knowledge, there were those amongst the people of the book who had understood the truth but still denied it, and they were killed.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 10:20 am

So why were there people who even after rejecting the truth when it had become clear to them were allowed to continue living. Either itmaam e hujjat wasn’t done or not all rejectors of the truth are killed in this concept

• Umer

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 10:29 am

I humbly disagree with Faisal Sahab on this one. According to my understanding, those were ‘muaneedeen’ who were killed because of their intentional animosity to serve their ego, bias or any other prejudice despite knowing the truth and extreme acts of enmity done by them against the Prophet which made them eligible for death whether they were from Jews or Pagans. The General Principle as I mentioned above is the same, this is for ‘Muaneedeen’ only.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 12:05 am

So, do you mean that their ego and bias was the reason of their killing, and not exactly rejection of truth and rejection of Prophet Muhammad ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 25, 2020 at 12:28 am

Umer sahab you can disagree with me anytime, however, I refuse to disagree with you on this 😁😁 That’s because what you’re saying is right in line with what I’m saying. Some people of the book were killed because they rejected due to their biases and ego. As a result of their rejection, they strongly opposed prophet Muhammad and harbored animosity against him.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 1:00 am

So, the real reason of killing them was their animosity towards the Prophet, right ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 1:02 am

Form what I understand their animosity lead to rejection of the message which would be the cause of the killing

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 1:06 am

Let’s be very clear. When Prophet killed them, in the justice context, what was the reason he gave ?

If rejection of truth was the reason, then it would mean people of the book need be killed as well.. otherwise there is contradiction.

If animosity to the Prophet was the reason, again the people of the book should fit this criterion as well.. in fact the Jewish woman who poisoned Prophet in Khaybaar was NOT killed because of this act, but was killed because of one companion of Prophet died.. so just animosity to the Prophet can’t be the reason of killing them.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 1:12 am

Yes i think further clarification is needed:

If the reason for killing after itmaam e hujjat is rejection of the messenger and his teachings then why were ahl e kitaab treated differently?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 1:30 am

AFAIK, there were 8 people who were not forgiven after the conquest of Makkah, even if they repented and requested Prophet to save their lives. Most likely due to their earlier behavior towards Prophet .

When we hear that Prophet forgave everyone, it is not correct.

• Umer

Moderator July 25, 2020 at 3:49 am

Ghamidi Sahab has summarized this in the following video. Please refer to the video below from 1:07:00 to 1:10:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=metib2bnRAI&t=4022s

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 10:31 am

I couldn’t understand it properly, because some words were in Urdu . Is it possible to clarify it ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 23, 2020 at 7:24 pm

Please read Meezan or listen to it’s lectures. Also this discussion will be useful:

Discussion 1102

• ودود

Member July 24, 2020 at 1:13 am

per my understanding only combatants were killed – those who didnt fight were either asked to pay jazia or they left the town.

The punishment of God was ordained only for those of the direct audience of the prophet who denied the truth knowingly and willingly. Therefore other chritians or jews do not fall under this category, a muslim can marry to. If anyone of them choose not to follow the truth after knowing it he still has time to repent until his death. So the law of the land cannot punish him or stop him follow his faith no matter right or wrong.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 2:04 am

Does it mean a Christian woman who is married to a companion of the Prophet, and is aware of the direct message from Prophet, and still denies it , continuing with her faith in Jesus as her lord, is NOT supposed to be killed, even though she is rejecting the truth ?

• ودود

Member July 24, 2020 at 2:12 am

No until she fights – she has to pay jazia tho but thats not applicable to a christian woman of todays time no matter she is doing knowingly or not. She has time until her death

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 2:43 am

OK.. so no people should be killed who are not fighting .. even at the time of Prophet ? Even if they rejected the message of Prophet ?

• ودود

Member July 24, 2020 at 2:44 am

True. No fight with non combatants is allowed.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 4:19 am

OK then the first post seems to be wrong where it is mentioned that Ghamidi saab said :

“hen a prophet performs itmaam e hujjat all rejectors of the truth are killed.”

This quote doesn’t talk about any exception for non-combatants.

• ودود

Member July 24, 2020 at 4:44 am

See verse 9:6

• ودود

Member July 24, 2020 at 4:27 am

This is my understanding. I am only a student 😅

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 4:42 am

ok.. thanks for giving your opinion. Your opinion, seems to be different from the opening post and quote of Ghamidi saab.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 10:18 am

The first post is a question so it need not be accurate Slight Smile

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 12:08 am

Yes, but the first post quoted Ghamidi saab’s comment, so its accuracy needs be scrutinized.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 25, 2020 at 12:21 am

As I stated earlier, people can post questions, and they need not be accurate.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 12:32 am

What was inaccurate in his quoting Ghamidi saab’s comment ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 3:43 pm

I have asked Dr SS in his session today and he said that the real commandment is not death- rather it is dominance. This can happen in many ways such as jizya or killing and wiping opponents of the face of the world

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 25, 2020 at 5:41 pm

What do we conclude then based on this?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 10:24 pm

How does it all relate to “no compulsion in religion” when Prophet killed all those who didn’t accept him as the messenger of God ?

What exactly is “no compulsion in religion” when you kill those polytheists who don’t accept you ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 25, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Do you understand the concept of itmam-e-hujjat (completion of proof)?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 10:30 pm

It doesn’t and shouldn’t matter. Even if completion of proof is there, even if it is proven beyond doubt that Muhammad was the messenger of God (it wasn’t proven by the way, but it is a different topic), but still, there is no compulsion in religion, so one can’t be forced to accept the truth, or stay in Islam (apostasy prohibition).

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:12 pm

I believe the no compulsion directive is similar to surah kaafirun- it is a distancing of believers from disbelievers and one of the steps taken to finalise God’s plan with the nation

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:31 pm

No compulsion in religion – simply means what it says. It doesn’t mean that once truth is proven to you, you have to accept Islam or be killed.

Unless again, you mean to convey that Allah doesn’t mean what he says.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:33 pm

The implied meaning from context is and the actual text is that the truth has been made clear from falsehood – so now leave them in their ways. The second chapter of the Quran (not surah- chapter) is the culmination of the worldly punishment for the non believers of Arabia. Please research the Arabic nuances as there are many implied meanings especially from context I recommend JAG tafsir at monthly-renaissance.com

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:39 pm

Yes, if the truth is made clear from the falsehood, and there is no compulsion in religion, it means forcing the disbelievers into the religion of Islam is not permitted. But it seems contradiction.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:40 pm

Yes- the force is stopped- all efforts are halted and the believers are separated from the disbelievers and the disbelievers are dominated through either murder or forcing them into rule and making them pay jizyah

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:42 pm

The compulsion here is one caused by physical force I believe. There is obviously a compulsion if you want to be a true honest to self God conscious individual. I think it is quite clear especially if read in context of the whole Quran rather than a chosen meaning of one isolated verse

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:42 pm

It seems I am not able to convey my point properly.

Threat of Murdering them is compelling them to acceptance of Islam.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:47 pm

The verse clearly means- there is no need to force someone to accept Islam now- the truth is clear from falsehood- so leave them in their ways O Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم ). Now God himself- as is his established sunnah- will Desk with these people. If they accept Islam they will be saved- if not they will face the punishment. Of course it does not mean reject religion with no consequences. Rather it is a directive for the believers and the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم to leave these people alone

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:48 pm

Deal not desk

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:50 pm

It would have been fine if God himself, through a natural calamity killed those people.

However, Prophet killing them (by of course claiming that God ordered him, like he did for all his actions and justified them as the will of God) is a human punishment, which violates the principle of no compulsion in religion.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:52 pm

Well as a believing Muslim I believe the sunnah of Allah is to give the believers dominance. This is after itmaam e hujjat. This is through either the swords of the believers or a natural calamity. Thus is the trodden path of God

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:53 pm

If you don’t believe the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم is a prophet in truth then of course anything he does you will not agree with and not believe it to be divine.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:02 am

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:04 am

Sorry my original post got deleted by mistake.. I posted it again in the main section.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:02 am

Yes, but let’s look at it from a neutral pov.

A random man John comes to me, saying that he is messenger of God.. and it is upto me whether I believe in him or not. He tells me, that he has made it clear, and given enough proof that he is indeed messenger of God.. but there is no compulsion on me to accept him. I say .. “ok well fine.. I don’t believe you.”

One day later, he comes and tells me that he is going to kill me for not accepting his truth. I tell him “but you told me that there was no compulsion to accept you as messenger of God and God will be the judge of me” .

He tells me ” Yes, right, God is using my sword to kill you for not accepting me” .

Do you see the ridiculous nature of this argument ?

Just replace that random man John with Muhammad, and suddenly it becomes alright ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:04 am

Also the proof is completed to such an extent that it is very clear and established that this man is God’s messenger and his actions are according to his will. It is not just a random person saying that ‘oh look God said so’. That is the very concept of itmaam e hujjat

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:06 am

Actually, the proof is not accepted by me when the man says it. It is only his view that I am stubborn and denying him out of stubbornness. Anyone with sword can give this argument.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:08 am

That is just your own version of history. The people of Quraysh were not able to produce a similar Quran- remained stubbornly on the ways of their ancestors- broke treaties with Muslims- all while knowing in their hearts the truth and veracity of the Quran.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:11 am

How is not being able to produce a similar Qur’an prove that I am denying him as a messenger of God, out of stubbornness? In fact, such a challenge of produce a similar Qur’an in itself a fallacious claim . Are we judging the poetry of Qur’an ?

Suppose Usain Bolt comes and makes the similar claim, and tells me: “Run faster than me if you want to prove me wrong or else accept my claim of being a messenger of God ” and I am not able to run faster than Bolt, then does it mean Bolt has proven his claim ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:14 am

The point of the proof is that the Quran could not have come from Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and this was very well known by the Quraysh- eg the word ايضا was never even used. That is just a small example. Also this is not the only proof. They knew for facts the stories of Aad Thamud etc. They knew for certain this man was a messenger but for various illegitimate reasons denied him. If you want a list of proofs given to Quraysh you can start a new thread and إن شاء الله some other brothers can help you with that

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:17 am

The point remains simple.. that these are all claims made by Muhammad and he forced religion of Islam on the Arab Pagans/Jews etc.

How do you know apart from the claim of Muhammad himself, that they knew he was messenger of God but denied him only out of stubbornness ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:18 am

Through the Quran – the acceptance of which is based on many principles which we can discuss on another thread I will open now إن شاء الله

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:21 am

Proofs through the Qur’an itself ? Which in itself is doubted by them ? Strange.

Anyway, let’s discuss in a separate thread.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:21 am

That’s the point- there was no doubt

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:22 am

Also the Quran was not the one to inform them of Aad and Thamud those were well known tribes through which they made journeys of their dwellings- the next thread can be discussed by another brother إن شاء الله

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:24 am

No doubt and it was claimed by Muhammad ..

Basically you mean .. that there should not have been any doubt after Muhammad explained.. and if there is , then he will kill them..

Will you accept this argument from John ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:26 am

No because John didn’t split the moon or bring a divine recitation. I really think your downplaying the gravity of the nature of the Quran- hopefully the other thread can help in this

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:33 am

There is NO proof that Muhammad split the moon either. Where is the evidence of it ? Who all saw it ? Did the world see this event of moon splitting?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:29 am

Once the divinity of the Quran is discussed we can talk about these things.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:36 am

Yes, but please provide evidence when you mention something as evidence of Muhammad being divinely inspired.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:37 am

The evidence is in the Quran which is undeniable as we will hopefully speak about soon إن شاء الله

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:38 am

Yes, let’s discuss in that thread, but I don’t think Qur’an mentioning that Muhammad split the moon counts for evidence, unless there is some historical proof and people independently saw and verified this miracle.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:39 am

If the Quran is undeniable true then all historical accounts in it are true

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:41 am

But you said you won’t accept John making this argument because John didn’t split the moon. When I said even Muhammad did NOT split the moon, you said that Qur’an is the proof that Muhammad split the moon. But we are discussing that Quran’s own claims don’t count for evidence.

It is circular reasoning.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:43 am

Ok sorry I was wrong- the splitting of the moon was an evidence for the Mushriks to know that the day of judgement could come and the could be resurrected

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:43 am
    • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:48 am

This video is saying that there were only 3 eye witnesses of this moon splitting .. and interestingly all of them were Muslims .. how can it be counted as evidence ? Did the people of the world see it ? Any recorded history showing it ? Also, this doesn’t intend to be validated as his prophethood as the video and you explained.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:50 am

Yes I believe it was used as evidence that resurrection could occur. The 3 eyewitnesses doesn’t matter- if the Quran mentions it then there is no possibility to reject it. Because the Quran is undeniably true.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:58 am

Please understand the context of our discussion. Disbelievers don’t accept Qur’an as true .. and asked for a proof from Muhammad. Now if you or some other person says that moon splitting is one miracle, and we ask who saw the moon split, and you reply that 3 of his companions saw it .. but nobody else in the entire world saw such a grand event to have taken place, but only those 3 people who already believed in Muhammad ? Strange.

Now you say that it doesn’t matter, but what matters is Qur’an says it happened, and Qur’an is undeniably true .. but that’s the point.. the disbelievers rejected it saying Qur’an is not true..

So, how exactly you can make a claim that disbelievers were convinced and still rejected Muhammad only due to their stubbornness ? By this logic, even John can make this argument that he explained in “undeniable” manner that he was the divine person, and anyone not accepting this so-called “undeniable” evidence is fit to be killed.

I am sure you reject John’s claim.. and I think you are reasonable in rejecting John’s ridiculous claim. The strange thing is, you don’t reject Muhammad’s same claim .

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:00 am

Ok let’s do it this way:

1.Quran is undeniably true

2. This means God must have written it as no human is perfect or capable of such thing

3. This means God knows why the disbelievers were rejecting

4. God said the reason was arrogance and stubbornness

5. Therefore the reason was arrogance and stubbornness

The video explains the Hadith that people asked for the splitting was actually not true

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:05 am

Your premise gets stuck on 1st point itself. Let’s see if Qur’an is undeniably true in the other thread. I think Qur’an is full of logical and moral flaws. It can’t be coming from God. Rest of your 2, 3, 4, 5 points are invalid in my view.

Qur’an says no compulsion in religion. It doesn’t say no compulsion in religion but kill them if they don’t accept you. If it says it, it is contradiction. What part of “no compulsion” is consistent with “kill them if they don’t accept truth” .

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:08 am

Each moral and logical flaw according to you can be discussed. For the time being I have explained to the best of my ability to explain the no compulsion ayah and I think it is quite clear but I have also created another post for it

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:11 am

Are you saying that there is compulsion in religion if truth is made known to the disbelievers?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Other post

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:05 am

That’s not the argument at all. The man comes and gives full proof and says accept it. The people out of stubbornness and arrogance say we will not accept it. So the man preaches and preaches and cries for them and God tells the man ok- now leave them. You have given them enough proof – the truth has been made clear from falsehood and you are not able to force them- they must be sincere. This is to my knowledge the true nature of the directive of لا اكراه في الدين and إن شاء الله other brothers @UmerQureshi @faisalharoon @Sohail can also posit their views

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:10 am

Also, just for my knowledge, can you please provide a verse which says that Muhammad and only Muhammad has a right to kill the disbelievers after completion of proof ? That current believers can’t kill polytheists for their disbelief after truth is made clear to them ?

If Qur’an is undeniably true, why does the same principle doesn’t apply now also ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

For this you can watch JAG’s video on itmaam e hujjat where he quotes all specific verses

https://youtu.be/a0gvcOcsgLM

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:12 am

Thanks .. I will watch it and then discuss it further. Is it in English or Urdu ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:12 am

Urdu

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:15 am

Actually I can’t understand Urdu properly.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:18 am

Search for the thread what is itmam on this platform and it is also written

• ودود

Member July 26, 2020 at 9:26 pm

The principle is no longer applicable as no one is there to tell us who’s understood the truth but yet denying it knowingly and willingly. Only God knows this who informs his messenger when he decides to shorten the life or the test time on earth for a set of particular people.

Let’s say you live in US and send a sales team to Pakistan to sell your products and give them a budget for one year. If team works hard and try to find a customer you can let them continue trying for at least the planned time of 1 yr. However if you find out your team in not working on your products but shamelessly spending your money on something else, will you not abort the mission and ask them to come back and face a disciplinary action and you dont want to send them the budget money anymore.

This is an analogy to understand the law of itmaam e hujjat

• ودود

Member July 26, 2020 at 9:41 pm

In continuation of the above analogy, lets say i am also in Pakistan and finds out the your team is not working selling your product or not trying hard enough and therefore i forcefully send them back to US without hearing a word or a consent from your side. Do you think my act is justified ? Of course not because whether your team working or not is non of my business and it’s not my domain. If your team asks me how to sell i can give them some advice no problem, right?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 11:18 pm

But you shouldn’t say to the team go on waste your boss’ money

• ودود

Member July 27, 2020 at 2:54 am

Of course we are not supposed to give a wrong advice to anyone.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 27, 2020 at 2:36 am

So, if some polytheist today says that he understood the truth of Islam but still denies it knowingly, is it fair to kill him ?

• ودود

Member July 27, 2020 at 2:50 am

No you can’t. Because it is God who decides for denier of the truth if and when He wants to punish them. We’ve got no role to play here.

It’s like your sales team in Pakistan tells me they are not doing their job and i fire them without your authority. It’s none of my business if they are working or not as they do not report to me. I am not their boss. I am just a well wisher who wants to see them successful.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 27, 2020 at 3:30 am

Then, it means that “not being able to know” is not the reason of not killing the polytheists. Even if Prophet knew the polytheists in Arabia were lying, he couldn’t have killed them, without the God’s order.

• ودود

Member July 27, 2020 at 3:42 am

Yes you are right.

All decisions re punishment including ‘if’ abd ‘when’ have to come from God.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 27, 2020 at 4:01 am

And how did God punish them ? With the help of sword of Muhammad only ? Which verse in the Qur’an says that ?

Do we apply the same criterion for apostates also ? Only God has the right to kill apostates, but the ordinary Muslim ruler doesn’t have the right to kill those who leave their religion of Islam ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 27, 2020 at 7:38 am

At-Taubah 9:14

قَٰتِلُوهُمۡ يُعَذِّبۡهُمُ ٱللَّهُ بِأَيۡدِيكُمۡ وَيُخۡزِهِمۡ وَيَنصُرۡكُمۡ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَيَشۡفِ صُدُورَ قَوۡمٍ مُّؤۡمِنِينَ

English – Pickthall

Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them, and He will heal the breasts of folk who are believers.

English – Sahih International

Fight them; Allah will punish them by your hands and will disgrace them and give you victory over them and satisfy the breasts of a believing people

English – Yusuf Ali

Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of Believers,

English – Transliteration

Qatiloohum yuAAaththibhumu Allahubi-aydeekum wayukhzihim wayansurkum AAalayhim wayashfi sudooraqawmin mu/mineen

Get Quran App: gtaf.org/apps/quran

#GreentechApps

For second question yes

• ودود

Member July 27, 2020 at 3:00 am

Another reason:

At times we think we understand something but we don’t – only God knows if our understanding is correct or not. We’ll find it out on the day of judgement.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 27, 2020 at 11:45 am

My related question on it :

If a polytheist today says he understood the truth of Islam, but is stubborn and denies it still, saying things like “I know Qur’an is word of God, but I will not accept Islam, because I don’t want to” .

He is fulfilling all the conditions of the polytheists of Arabia but it seems it is not acceptable to kill him.

Now, why would God not permit to kill him, or complete his test and end his time in the world ? God did it for polytheists of Arabia.. why not for current polytheist ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 9:55 am

This question is not about Conquest of Makkah so I’m closing the discussion.

The discussion "Conquest Of Makkah" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now