Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Bible About Loot AS Having Sex With Daughters?

• Bible About Loot AS Having Sex With Daughters?

Ahsan updated 3 years, 5 months ago 7 Members · 19 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 18, 2020 at 6:03 pm

History is not a subject of Islam. Quran uses historical facts mainly as evidence to drive a point across.

That said, even Bible doesn’t present this story as you stated. To my knowledge, Bible states that his two daughters devised a plan to get him drunk in order to have intercourse with him. How can the blame be placed on Lut AS for a bad deed committed by his daughters?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 18, 2020 at 2:48 pm

His daughters were saved from the punishment of God. It doesn’t seem in their character to devise a scheme like this at all. I think k we have to reject all of this blasphemous baseless history

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 24, 2020 at 8:43 am

Just seems so incredible. Could any daughter do this? Can any one give more evidence regarding the above story?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 24, 2020 at 9:35 am

Genesis 19:30-38

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 24, 2020 at 9:27 am

My comment may seem outrageous, and I am not here to offend anyone, but the major reason why incest (having sexual relations with siblings) is wrong, because it can create medical problems for offspring. I don’t see any other reason why sex with one’s sister is more wrong than sex with his cousin (even with cousin there is medical issue albeit lesser than one’s own sister). It is our conditioning based on the social norms.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 24, 2020 at 9:38 am

This practice is against the collective sense and nature of human beings. People all over the world did not indulge in this practice before medical science proved that it was problematic for the offspring, and they don’t do so now.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 24, 2020 at 9:43 am

Medical science also proved it problematic to have offspring with our cousins (on a slightly lesser scale than having offspring from one’s own sister) .

I don’t know for sure but probably in ancient times, around 50000 years ago, humans may have practiced incest, and over the time may have found it caused problems.. I am not sure if even animals have any relationship with their own brothers/sisters for the purpose of reproduction, it may have something to do with evolution.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 24, 2020 at 9:51 am

It’s best not to any draw conclusions out of things that we have no evidence for. As for animals, this practice is not common among them either – only a handful of animals practice it.

• Ahsan

Moderator November 7, 2020 at 12:36 am

From your argument, it can be said that, if we prevent birth or use contraceptives, then incest is ok.
      Quran has forbid it without giving any reasons, so its forbidden forever what ever argument you bring.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 18, 2020 at 3:47 pm

In an interfaith debate, a very important question was raised about the morality of the Prophets and how each of the three religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) and their scriptures view the subject. The Priest argued that the bible only portrays the prophets as human as you and i am, along with their faults and sins as opposed to Quran and thats the beauty of it. That’s how one is able to relate more to their lives contrary to their morals and character being on an unattainable level. Then umer Suleiman replies. I probably won’t be able to do justice so please listen from 40:00-when the subject ends.

https://youtu.be/INIG636SnU4

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 18, 2020 at 4:30 pm

The question dealt with is – ‘Is it a form of sanitising to say that if theres something uncomfortable attributed to a Prophet, im gonna say the problem is in the attribution, not the Prophet?’

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 18, 2020 at 4:36 pm

Rabbi makes a good point.

We also look at the Quran and study it very deeply.

The point is that Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم gave us the Quran and he acted by it too.

But we would probably say that Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم is the pinnacle of morality. But these ascriptions of the bible are not reasonable for a man of God.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 18, 2020 at 4:45 pm

Exactly. That too, and especially the man who God chose to deliver His message. I mean, one could already question why not me? But if we put the morality thing into perspective then it does make sense. He chose the people who were already and in His knowledge would continue living their lives better than you and I would. This was their qualification to he chosen by God. We on the other hand, could try and our efforts can earn us a place with them in the Hereafter.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 18, 2020 at 4:46 pm

Yes!

And to ascribe these horrific things to prophets goes against reason that God would choose these people to be his prophets- or allow such a tragedy to occur to them

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 18, 2020 at 4:51 pm

And then one could take this further to argue that God’s actions are random and solely based on His Will, rather than Merit. Which could turn the whole narrative of the Quran upside down of guidance and misguidance.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 18, 2020 at 4:52 pm

How?

There are two things:

It doesn’t make sense for a prophet himself to do bad because God chose him in merit

It doesn’t make sense that such a tragedy would occur to him as he is an ambassador of God

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 18, 2020 at 5:01 pm

Both.

The first one because it perfectly aligns with God’s law of guidance and misguidance as well as His justice (which is based on merit purely).

Also the second one because if a person like you or me are promised protection by God from all the external forces of evil working to influence me, how does it make sense to not implement this on His prophet?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 18, 2020 at 5:02 pm

We agree! This fake history should be rejected- and not just because the bible’s state of collection and transmission and interpolation but due to the scheme of God!

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 18, 2020 at 5:08 pm

👍👍

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register