Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam How Did Sahaba Use To Give Dawah To Non-Muslims?

• How Did Sahaba Use To Give Dawah To Non-Muslims?

Posted by Sameer Namole on July 1, 2022 at 3:24 am

AoA

It is said that our responsibility is only to give quran and not to preach anything. Giving quran to non muslims is the only way of giving dawah. It is even said that even prophet Muhammad was commanded recite quran infront of people. I want to know when companions of prophet muhammad used to give dawah to their friends what did they used to say? I mean quran wasn’t fully revealed until then. Particularly it is said that When prophet Muhammad gave dawah to his friend Ab bakr, he conveyed the message of God to 3-5 people on same day. I read this long ago. If it’s true what must he have said to them? I’m satisfied with this conclusion that we should just hand quran to people but these are some doubts left.

Fatima replied 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • How Did Sahaba Use To Give Dawah To Non-Muslims?

Fatima updated 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 5, 2022 at 12:11 am

To introduce to Quran is fort requisite then we can give Quran to Non Muslims for Dawah. This introduction is provided in the preface of Al Bayan by Ghamidi sahib.

The companions introduced Islam their prophet and themselves to the Non Muslims that why they accepted Islam and then invited them to Islam.

• Sameer Namole

Member July 5, 2022 at 12:19 am

Ok sir so let me ask this precisely and firmly.

So you are saying giving quran to non muslim brothers and sisters is the ‘only’ way to give dawah. am I right? There’s no other way to give dawah. I’m asking this repeatedly because if your answer is affirmative, I’ll be resigning from an organisation that focus preaching to mass on the basis of ved and quran similarities. And I’ll start giving quran to people by joining Maulana Wahiduddin Khan’s organization.

• Arsalan Riaz

Member July 5, 2022 at 2:49 am

How is someone who isn’t born into the Muslim faith going to understand the Quran in its context without some basic information about the Prophet’s ( pbuh) life ? Just by reading the Quran one cannot understand the context.

• Fatima

Member July 5, 2022 at 3:25 am

ham bhi is topic par apna view rakhna chahenge,ghair muslimo ko muslim karna hamari nazar me ye aham kaam hai jo muslimo par dala gaya hai,mera nazariya thoda alag hai khuda ne insaan ko sirf isliye nahi banaya ke ham uske aage sar jhukaye balki isliye banaya ke is zameen par ek insaniyat ho tamaam log ek dusre ko apny ghar ka samjhe,koi chota bada na ho,ameer gharib na ho,koi kisi par zulm na kary.agar ham tamaam rasool ya nabiyo ki aamad ko deekhe to unki ummat sirf ye nahi ke vo shirk karti the balki nazar ye aata hai ke insaniyat ka meaar hi khatam sa ho jata tha har bada choty ko dabata tha har ameer gharib ko har taqatvar kamzoor par zulm karta or ye samajhta tha ke ussy koi sawal karne wala nahi marne ke baad uski dusri zindigi hogi hi nahi,tab nabi aakar usy asal zindigi ke bare me taleem dety hai jaha sawal or javab dena hai jo bhi is duniya me kiya hoga uska.hame rasool ki hayat e tayyeiba ko deekhna chahiye uske baad unke sathiyo ki,ye sirf shirk ka masla nahi tha balki apni khudgarzi ko tark karke dusro ko bhi vaisa hi samjho jaise tum apne liye chahty ho ye masla tha,jo issy baz nahi aaye vo hai asal shirk karne waly. rasool ki khubiyo se waha ke log waqif the phir unke sathiyo me bhi aisi hi cheezy thi jisy guidance ke zaroorat thi bas unhone karke dikhaya or karwa banta gaya,or ham aksariyat me in sab khubiyo se kafi dor hai,ham sab logo ke faide ke kaam kare,log khud ba khud baat samjhenge.zahir hai aapko ke tamaam baaty pata hongi phir bhi mere zehn me ye cheeze thi to likhde.shukriya

• Sameer Namole

Member July 5, 2022 at 3:31 am

AoA

Ji me aapki baat samjh gaya. Bilkul sahi kaha aapne. JazakAllah. Ye to basic humanity ki baate hai. Ye ham ko bataur e insaan karni hi chahiye. Me to Tauhid, Akhirat or Risalat ki dawat jo Quran apne approach se pesh karta hai uske bare me puch raha hu ke kya ham bhi apni taur se ye logo ko explain kar sakte hai ya hame sirf Quran hi dena chahiye or kisi tareeke ki baat nahin karni chahiye.

• Fatima

Member July 5, 2022 at 10:50 am

ji jaisa aap kehrahe hai ki quraan ki dawat dena,khuda ne pury quraan me insaano ke huquq ki hi baat ki hai tabhi to hamne kaha ke sahaba ikraam halaat ki khamiyo ko batake quraan sunaty the,jo aap ne para hoga najjashi ke darbaar me hazrat jaafar ka khutba,hame ye bataya jata hai ke ye to basic baate hai quraan issy upar ki baat karta hai pehly hambhi aisa hi samajhty the lekin waqt or learning ke sath sath pata chalta hai ke ye basic cheeze hi to asal hai,agar hamse koi kahe ke exam ki tayyari man laga ke karna notes banana abtak jo exam me aata raha hai uspe bhi nigah rakhna,to ham kahenge ki isme kya naya hai ye to karna hi chahiye lekin ise ki kami ki vajah se paper disturb hota hai,motivational speakers basic ko focus karna hi kehty hai lakin hame kuch naya sunne me zyaada sahi lagta hai,europe ko deekhiye to waha ye basic rights sabko mily hai log khud ba khud unki taraf jarahe hai.aisa mera nazariya hai

• Sameer Namole

Member July 5, 2022 at 10:54 am

Ji samaz gaya me aapka point of view.

JazakAllah khairan kaseer.

• Imran

Member July 5, 2022 at 11:03 am

To be honest with you, The Companions didn’t actively convert people to Islam. This was especially the case in the Ummayad time (We still had Companions untill late 690 AD ) as the non-Muslims paid more tax ( in the form of jizya) than Muslims. Conversion to Islam was even discouraged at one point. Many historians don’t correlate the expanse of Islamic empire with an increase in Muslim population by conversion. It was surprising a slow process, and it took more than a few centuries for the Muslims to become a majority. You also realize that the non-Muslim arabs also participated in the conquest of Byzantine and Persian for worldly purposes. To become a Muslim at that time, you had to affiliate yourself with an Arab tribe….

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2022 at 1:34 am

There can be more than one way to introduce Islam to Non Muslims but the basic thing is that it must be based on Quran and the established history of prophets which is continuously coming from Bani Israel and Bani Ishamael. We cannot exceed Quran. That is why to preach Islam to Non Muslims is not the responsibility of ordinary Muslims. It is basically the responsibility of Bani Ishmael. ( See for details, The Law of Dawah, in Meezan by Ghamidi sahib). However if someone wants to do this noble job he or she needs to be well versed in Quran first.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2022 at 1:39 am

Dear Fatima,

The real purpose of our creation is to worship God. This has been stated by God in the Quran that He created men and jinn only to worship Him. Then He revealed His religion whose core purpose is our purification. Now all the injustices you mentioned against the purification so they are to be avoided. So the idea of purification encompass everything weather it is polytheism or sins against humanity. This is the holistic approach needs to be adopted in the religion.

• Fatima

Member July 7, 2022 at 3:18 am

assalam alaikum irfan bhai,hame khuda ke insaano ko paida karne ka maqsad ‘ibaadat’kuch samajh me nahi aata tha halaki ibaadat ka mafhoom samjhane ke liye kafi baate batae jati hai ke iske maine kafi vasi hai lakin phir aagy bhi bht sawal uthty hai,janab ghamidi sahab ka quraan translation or meezan bhi pari hai phir bhi kuch kami si maloom hoti thi,tab hamne ghulam ahmed pervez sahab ko sunna shuro kiya jisse bachy hue doubts bhi clear ho gaye or bht seedhi sadhi baat jisme unhone ibaadat ka mafhoom qanoon e khuda ki itaa’at bataya hai or qanoon ka zikr hi hamne upar kiya hai,hame ye baate zyada samajhme aati hai ke bhale hi insaan mushrik,isaai,yahudi ho uske qanoon ko tasleem kare uske bando ko unke huqooq de,quraan me bhi hai ke deen me koi jabar nahi,asal cheez insaniyat ko qayam rakhna hai.shayad ham ghalti par ho isiliye hamari quraan ko samajhne ki koshish jari hai.shukriya

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register