Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Doubts After Belief

Tagged: , , ,

• Doubts After Belief

Posted by Muhammad Talha on July 1, 2022 at 10:20 am

Before I became an atheist, I was very practising and had a firm belief in Allah. Probably because my heart was pure and hadn’t tasted any of the things that Atheism/Agnosticism offers.

Now that I am back towards Islam, Alhamdulillah, it is so hard to believe with the same conviction, there are always doubts. It feels like my heart has been wounded and it will never heal. Believing like this, with these doubts really bother me a lot as I am always unsure and questioning.

How can I get out of this dilemma?

Umer replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Doubts After Belief

Umer updated 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Shamir

Member July 1, 2022 at 10:56 am

Brother I am not a scholar but I have endured many hardships in search of God, but now my mind is quite satisfied. And I can feel peace and love out there. I hope that this test of yours will be easy sooner or later. It may continue for the rest of your life. But do not give up brother.

God bless you

• Umer

Moderator July 2, 2022 at 8:36 am

I think you need to categorize your doubts whether they relate to matters of belief or some application matters. If it’s the former then know that you or I are not required to have an absolute belief, instead reasonable assurance (more likely than not) is enough for us Muslims. And we have enough evidence to have this kind of belief.

Please also refer to the videos of Ghamidi Sahab in the following thread:

Discussion 48007

If it’s the latter, then this is something by nature bound to have differing views and conflicting views at times. It is not something to be alarmed when one sees differences in applications, since they are human understanding of a matter and is by nature bound to have different applications.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register