Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Qurbani Of Eid-ul-Azha Nafal Or Farz?

Tagged: ,

• Is Qurbani Of Eid-ul-Azha Nafal Or Farz?

Posted by Fahad Nawaz on July 4, 2022 at 10:35 pm

Assalamoalaikum,

Is there a ILM O Hikmat session in which Javaid Ghamidi Sahab has answered the questions regarding “Eid Ul Adha Qurban” in details.

I am looking for some educational discussion on couple of questions by Javaid Sb.

1. Qurban is Nafal during Eid ul Adha as per Meezan and some scholars says that this Nafal changes towards Wajib depending upon financial circumstances. Have Javaid Sb explained this topic in detail somewhere.

2. Javaid Sb wrote in his book Meezan regarding “not cutting hair and nails before Qurban”. Is this also Nafal or is it slightly elevated order from prophet PBUH for the ones giving Qurban?

JazakAllah,

Fahad

Fahad Nawaz replied 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Is Qurbani Of Eid-ul-Azha Nafal Or Farz?

Fahad Nawaz updated 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 5, 2022 at 5:06 pm

1). For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the link below from 2:53 to 4:30

ilm-o-Hikmat 01-05-2016

____

Please Also watch:

https://youtu.be/–KmC-3RsLY

• Umer

Moderator July 5, 2022 at 5:07 pm

2). Please see:

Discussion 71450

• Fahad Nawaz

Member July 10, 2022 at 6:08 am

Assalamoalaikum Brother Umer,

Just an after thought, is there anywhere I can find the reason for first 10 days without cutting hair or nails?

I understand the explanation from Javaid Sahab about this Sunnah (which totally makes sense to me) but I also wanted to understand why is 10 days thought and not let’s say just 5/6 days of Hajj or more or less?

In the videos, Javaid Sahab didn’t touch that point.

Is there in another sitting where Javaid Sahab explained the reason for first 10 days for this Ibadah?

Will you be able to share please.

JazakAllah

• Umer

Moderator July 15, 2022 at 9:42 pm

There is no such discussion as per my knowledge.

• Fahad Nawaz

Member July 15, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Ok JazakAllah Khair.

After listening again your previously shared video of Javaid Sahab, I understood like Javaid Sahab is sharing he accepted the Rawayaat as it goes with overall religious Mashrooh Sunnah and that Rawayat states first till 10th. That satisfies me Alhamdulillah.

This is just what I understood and not what Javaid Sahab exactly stated.

• Fahad Nawaz

Member July 5, 2022 at 8:14 pm

JazakAllah.

Thanks for helping with details.

• Talha Mujahid

Member July 10, 2022 at 7:05 am

https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah:3123

What about this hadeeth?

• Talha Mujahid

Member July 10, 2022 at 3:18 pm
    • Umer

Moderator July 15, 2022 at 9:36 pm

To understand Ghamidi Sahab’s take on how to approach hadith corpus from an epistemological stand-point, you’re requested to please go through all the resources provided in the following response or at the very least, go through the text and videos provided under the heading “placement of Hadith in the overall framework of religion“:

Discussion 66135 • Reply 66162

The problem with such ahadith is that they lack their pretext and context and are an understanding of the narrator narrating them. Therefore, no permanent injunctions are to be extracted from Ahadith, instead they are application of injunctions available in Quran and Sunnah.

Secondly, There is a lot of debate on this specific narration, as to what was the actual context of this narration? why didn’t Prophet Muhammad (sws) use the word obigatory in explicit terms? and whether it was an actual saying of the Prophet (Marfu) or was it only saying of Sahabi Abu Huraira (rta) (Mawquf). Hafiz Ibn-e-Hajr Asqlani writes:

أخرجه بن مَاجَهْ وَأَحْمَدُ وَرِجَالُهُ ثِقَاتٌ لَكِنِ اخْتُلِفَ فِي رَفْعِهِ وَوَقْفِهِ وَالْمَوْقُوفُ أَشْبَهُ بِالصَّوَابِ قَالَهُ الطَّحَاوِيُّ وَغَيْرُهُ وَمَعَ ذَلِكَ فَلَيْسَ صَرِيحًا فِي الْإِيجَابِ

It was narrated by Ibn-e-Maja and Ahmad, and its men are siqqa, but there is a difference of opinion as to whether it is marfu or mawquf. The view that it is mawquf is more likely to be correct. This was stated by at-Tahhawi and others. Moreover, it does not clearly state that (offering the sacrifice) is obligatory.” (Fath al-Bari 10/3: https://al-maktaba.org/book/1673/5643)

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register