Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Who Is Responsible To Take Care Of One's Wife's Parents

• Who Is Responsible To Take Care Of One's Wife's Parents

Posted by Sameer Namole on July 6, 2022 at 12:20 pm

We know man’s parents, when they get aged, are his responsibility to take care of and serve them. But if wife is single child of her parents and she’s not even a working woman, she’s a housewife. Who’s responsibility her parents are when they get aged?

Umer replied 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Who Is Responsible To Take Care Of One's Wife's Parents

Umer updated 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2022 at 2:18 am

Parents are the responsibility of the real children. one can request his wife to hand him in taking care of his parents. and since wife the life partner, she should help her husband to ease him in his problems. This is not the matter of getting legal statements, but a moral one.

• Sameer Namole

Member July 7, 2022 at 2:22 am

I didn’t get this clear sir.

I mean if husband says he won’t take care of his In-laws i.e. his wife’s parents, will this be a sin? We’re considering that his wife is the only child of her parents so there’s no one else for her parents they can seek help from.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2022 at 2:37 am

Ok. This was the other way round. Wife’s first responsibility is her husband’s house. However, in the above case, to take care of her parents is her moral duty and her husband should not ignore it. To help one in need is always recommended, if one ignore his moral duty he will be answerable for his callousness, if he has no excuse.

• Talha Mujahid

Member July 7, 2022 at 11:57 am

How will you differentiate religious and moral duty?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2022 at 11:30 pm

Religious duty is mentioned in religion. Moral duty is the sense of our morality which tells is what is our moral duty, like to help someone in need.

• Talha Mujahid

Member July 8, 2022 at 12:02 am

Will we answerable to both of them?

• Sameer Namole

Member July 7, 2022 at 2:46 am

Okay I got it sir. Please confirm if following conclusion is right. ‘Wife’s parents in this case are moral responsibility of the husband too, just like husband’s parents are for wife’

And if yes, do you think that both, parents of husband and parents of wife can live in one house. Again I’m not asking in general sense but in special case where there’s no one who’ll take of wife’s parents.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2022 at 3:01 am

There is no need to ask such questions, there is not restriction on living together or separately. this is what you have to decide according to your needs or resources. This is not legal matter. moral sense is enough to decide here.

• Fatima

Member July 7, 2022 at 3:36 am

hamari family me bhi aisa hi matter hai,hama lagta hai iske liye qanoon hona chahiye jo buzurgo ki maashi madad kary kunki aisa na karne par husband par kafi responsibilities ajayengi jiska pura karna bht mushkil hoga or ghar me wife ke liye bhi kafi mushkil hogi kunki hamara muashira hi aisa nahi hai ke support kary.

• Umer

Moderator July 15, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Please see:

Discussion 66534

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register