Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Religious OCD In Wuzu And Salah

Tagged: , ,

• Religious OCD In Wuzu And Salah

Posted by Zuhair on July 7, 2022 at 12:09 am

How to deal with religious OCD, e.g doing each step in wudu more than 3 times because of the thought that wudu hasn’t been done properly. Same is with namaz. I find it really difficult to concentrate(short concentration span) so during namaz as well my mind is always in other thoughts but subconsciously my mind is used of praying properly. But I have this thought that ive left one rakat and this bothers me alot. How to deal with it?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Religious OCD In Wuzu And Salah

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2022 at 2:13 am

You need to ignore your doubts. All you need is to wash your limbs normally. normal washing usually wash all parts, so need not to bother that something is left unwashed. this is all in imagination, nothing real.

When doubts occur during prayer, you should based your prayer on conviction for example, if doubt is in 2 or 3 rakat, you should take it 2 and offer a sajda sahw at the end. if it bothers you a lot, then ignore your doubt and follow your original idea of rakaat.

• Zuhair

Member July 7, 2022 at 7:47 pm

Yes because I did use to do this sajda at the end in order to make myself satisfied but it slowly became a habit of doing it everytime and thus became another issue. Secondly, another important question is that is moving your hands back and forth on your head while wudu(forgot the name of that step) important? Because I have long hair and it becomes difficult sometimes

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2022 at 11:25 pm

To cover your whole head is required. This is called masah. You can do only run your hands backward on your head.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register