Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Talaq Without Intention

Tagged: 

• Talaq Without Intention

Posted by Saeed Tahir on July 8, 2022 at 6:24 am

Aslam alaicum

I want to ask a question about talaaq to Mr Ghamdi sahib.

My wife is a very emotional and very short tempered, around 15 years ago we had a big fight and I decided to go out of the house to calm things down but my wife locked the door and sat in front of door and said she is not going to let me go out and keep shouting and fighting with me, to get out of the situation and go out I threatened her with talaaq, she didn’t listen so I said to her I give u one talaaq, my intention was just to threaten her and she did get scared and moved from the door I get out of the house, things get normal between us in few days and everything was ok, after almost 8 years we were talking to each other over the phone and she gets really angry and she shouted that I give myself talaaq and cut the phone, again after few days everything gets normal, again about another 9 years we had argument over the phone and things get heated and I said I give you one talaaq and cut the phone line, again after few days everything gets back to normal but now one thing is disturbing me that we might have done three talaaq??

Please guide me that if a talaaq given without intention is valid? And if one talaaq given 15 years ago and second after 15 years will count even again it was given without intention of talaaq but just to scared her.

Waslaam

Saeed Tahir

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Talaq Without Intention

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 11, 2022 at 4:01 am

Woman cannot give herself a divorce, so it is frivolous. your uttering of the words of divorce has no intention to divorce, then it is can be nullified. This is you who has to be honestly clear that you had the intention or not. If not, you nikah is still valid. But strongly recommended not to use such a serious way to threaten your wife. This can get serious if the court decides otherwise.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register