Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Scarcity Of Halal Meat And That Too Of Low Quality

Tagged: , , ,

• Scarcity Of Halal Meat And That Too Of Low Quality

Posted by Iqra Hamid on July 16, 2022 at 7:16 am

I am a single mother to one boy. I live by myself and I work from 7am-8pm. By the time I reach home, my son and I are so hungry thats survival in USA is becoming very difficult due to food restrictions. I have two halal stores near by that sell very low quality food. I am so tired that I cant cook at that time. I come home mostly with extreme headaches. I have to feed my child and i need to feed myself. It is getting extremely difficult to adhere to halal requirements towards food.

I understand Ghamdi Sir’s halal guide completely but Ghamdi Sir also mentioned in one of his lectures that Allah wants us to make our lives easier, I am looking for an answer here. I want to understand consuming halal animal by reciting Allahs SWT name and with the intention that nothing is available to eat right now and not for pleasure, is that ok?

JazakAllah

Umer replied 1 year, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Scarcity Of Halal Meat And That Too Of Low Quality

Umer updated 1 year, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator July 17, 2022 at 7:18 pm

As a principle, the relaxation in case of ibadah (rituals) is based on the principle of usar (‘ghair mamoli mushaqqat‘ or undue hardship) and for other prohibitions (‘mohramat‘ or ‘Halal-Haram‘), the relaxation is based on ‘iztirar‘ (becoming impossible to do or when it becomes a matter of life and death). According to Ghamidi Sahab, it is for the person to honestly decide whether he/she is faced with any such iztirar or not.

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 1:13:01 to 1:18:06

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register