Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Exodus 3:14 – What Is Ghamidi Sahab's Interpretation?

Tagged: 

• Exodus 3:14 – What Is Ghamidi Sahab's Interpretation?

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on July 18, 2022 at 11:04 am

Assalamualaikum

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Exodus 3:14 NKJV

How does ghamidi sahab interpret “I AM” in this verse in the light of Quran?

Abdullah AbdulRahman replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Exodus 3:14 – What Is Ghamidi Sahab's Interpretation?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 20, 2022 at 5:16 am

We do not have Ghamidi shahab’s direct response to that, however, it seems to be an expression of God’s existence and His independent well known being.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member July 21, 2022 at 5:27 am

Please, if somehow can be asked, because it’s about the “attributes” of God, and ghamidi sahab has a great insight in revealed scriptures

• اشهل صادق

Member July 21, 2022 at 5:43 am

السلام عليكم

Maybe, this will help:

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member July 30, 2022 at 5:27 am

So If i can connect then the word “ehyeh” in Exodus 3:14 which is translated as “I AM” can be the same as ” Al Hayy” meaning “The Ever-living” in Quran 2:255.

Hebrew/Greek interlinear Bible app tells:

Strong’s h1961

– Lexical: הָיָה

– Transliteration: hayah

– Part of Speech: Verb

– Phonetic Spelling: haw-yaw

– Definition: to fall out, come to pass, become, be.

– Origin: A primitive root (compare hava’); to exist, i.e. Be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary).

– Usage: beacon, X altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-)self, require, X use.

– Translated as (count): And it came to pass (249), shall be (216), was (115), and it shall be (110), And shall be (82), were (79), etc

But we still need proper guidance!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register