Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions An Old Video

• An Old Video

Posted by misbah imad on July 24, 2022 at 9:11 pm

As far as I can remember Ghamidi sahab once said (in an old video) that Ashraf Ali Thaanvi sahab levelled an allegation of kufr on Imam Hameed uddin Farahi. When informed it farahi sahab said something like “he doesn’t know me” or something like that. Was it Ashraf Ali Thanvi or someone else ? I can’t correctly remember.

misbah imad replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • An Old Video

misbah imad updated 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 13 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 24, 2022 at 11:58 pm

Yes, it was Ashraf Ali Thanwi Sahab.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 26, 2022 at 3:24 am

Yes it was Ashaf Ali Thanawi sahib and later, he took his Fatwa back.

• misbah imad

Member July 26, 2022 at 4:11 am

Can you please provide the reference about the information of Ashraf Ali sahab taking the fatwa back ?

I did not know that.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 26, 2022 at 4:49 am

To best of my memory the whole incident is narrated by Abdul Majid Daryabadi in his book Hakeemul Ummat Naqoosh o Tasuraat. It is available on line. But difficult to sift through to find the reference. However it is confirmed that Thanawi sahib reversed his fatwa.

• misbah imad

Member July 26, 2022 at 4:58 am

Thank you very much. I read about his fatwa, in “hakeemul ummat”. I did not know that the same contains the fatwa being taken back.

• Umer

Moderator July 26, 2022 at 5:56 am

• misbah imad

Member July 26, 2022 at 6:14 am

bohot shukria bhy. Isi ki baat kar raha tha !! 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

• misbah imad

Member July 29, 2022 at 1:35 am

According to Maolana Abdul Maajid, that incident took place AFTER Hameeduddin’s (R.A.) death. Ghamidi sahab says he was alive at that time. I request that someone raise this question to Ghamidi sahab in the Q&A session.

• Umer

Moderator July 29, 2022 at 1:47 am

Please register for the next AG live event and ask this question personally.

Discussion 71633

• misbah imad

Member July 31, 2022 at 10:50 pm

Aap ka bohot shukria ji, umar sahab, aap ne mera sawal pohcha dia Ghamidi sahab ke paas.

May Inshallah Tafheemaat check karoonga. May ne maolana Maodoodi ki Tafheemul Quran Padhi hui hay. May nahi jaanta tha ke “Tafheemaat” naam ki ek aor kitaab bhi hay. Agar kisi ko us mazmoon ka reference miley to darkhwaast hay ke is Naacheez ko bhi muttalla’ kar deejiye.

Any ways bohot shukria ji aap hazraat ka.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 29, 2022 at 4:10 am

can you please provide the reference so that i may check it too.

• misbah imad

Member July 29, 2022 at 4:29 am

I downloaded a pdf of hakim ul ummat from the net. The page no. differ depending on the edition. In that edition it is on page 417 to 418 and probably further on as well, when Maolana abdul maajid discusses it with maolana ashraf ali sahab as to how he was influenced by shibli and farahi, and that he was not satisfied with the explanations that Ashraf sahab was giving for his fatwa…

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 29, 2022 at 4:55 am

Thanks It was there as you referred. Yes you are right, according to Daryabadi, it happened after the demise of Mawlana Farahi. We need to clarify it by Ghamidi sahab.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register