Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Imitating And Opposing Disbelievers

• Imitating And Opposing Disbelievers

Posted by Shafiq Mirdha on July 19, 2020 at 3:37 am

It is observed in some hadith’s where prophet peace be upon him is ordering to oppose disbelievers or not to follow them. Example, praying putting on shoes, trimming moustache etc . I want a detailed lecture from Ghamdi sahab on this topic, it’s importance, and reason behind it.

Umer replied 10 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Imitating And Opposing Disbelievers

Umer updated 10 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 19, 2020 at 5:15 am

Usually all such prohibitions in imitations and opposing of disbelievers have to do with presence of certain polytheistic beliefs, something impeding the objective of purity (i.e.Tazkiya), some kind of superstitions or sometimes other factors too. It cannot all be laid down under umbrella of a single principle. That is why there is no video of Ghamidi Sahab that has discussed all these prohibitions in a single series. However, all such discussions are scattered among different lectures / videos of Ghamidi Sahab.

To begin with, I would suggest you to watch the issue of Beard (trimming of moustache) first and how the narrations appearing to prohibit imitation with disbelievers are to be understood within the whole framework of Islam.

Please see this thread (and related videos) for Ghamidi Sahab’s view point on Beard (trimming of moustache) and how he interprets all those narrations as rightly pointed out by you.

Discussion 1261

• Shafiq Mirdha

Member July 19, 2020 at 5:40 am

Thanks for your reply. This topic causes confusion many times when it is mixed with concept of innovation (bidat). Many times opinions are given on certain issues like birthday celebrations etc as prohibited bcoz it is following practices of disbelievers. My request to Ghamdi sahab to clarify the topic in details in future.

• muhammad saad

Member June 13, 2023 at 10:37 am

@uq4454819 can these prohibition be due to itmam e hujjat in case of people of book there punishment is subjugation and humiliation as far as i remember .its sort of humiliation for them in not imitating them .

• Umer

Moderator June 14, 2023 at 4:21 pm

I do not see how any of these, for example trimming moustache can become a source of humiliation for them who do not trim them. And neither is there anything in the sources which can correlate humilation with imitation. If you can share some basis then may be we can discuss it any further.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register