Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Quran 86:7 – Sperm Produced Between Backbone And Ribs

• Quran 86:7 – Sperm Produced Between Backbone And Ribs

Posted by muhammad saad on August 1, 2022 at 12:57 pm

My question is about Quran verse 86:7 – Sperm Produced Between Backbone And Ribs.i have listened ghamdi saab replay to this query that”Surah mumtaniah also created such an analogy and says that private parts are located between two feet” but the problem is that the genital organ are not between rib and backbone.sir @Irfan76 can you guide please i am looking for a satisfactory anwer.

I have seen some hadees where word sulb “loins” use as anolgy for sexual organ.ligustically it right or not?

Reference of hadees:

Anas b. Malik reported Allah’s Messenger ( ‌صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم ‌ ) as saying:

Allah, the Exalted and High, would say to one who shall have to undergo the least torture (on the Day of Resurrection): Would you like to go as ransom if you had all worldly riches; he would say: Yes. Allah would say to him: When you were in the loins of Adam, I demanded from you something easier than this that you should not associate anything with Me. (The narrator says): I think He also said: I would not cause you to enter Hell-Fire but you defied and attributed Divinity (to others besides Me). [Sahih Muslim 2805]

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 1 month ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Quran 86:7 – Sperm Produced Between Backbone And Ribs

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 1 month ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator August 3, 2022 at 1:24 am

The word salab is used for men while traib is used for women. Traib is famous in arabic poetry to describe women chest here necklace go. This is a very beautiful way of telling people ho a person in conceived. It i not talking abt sexual organ at all.
    The context is to tell people if a person can born out of water droplet so they can be recreated on day of judgment.

• muhammad saad

Member August 3, 2022 at 1:35 am

@UmerQureshi brother your relay?

• muhammad saad

Member August 3, 2022 at 1:38 am

@UmerQureshi ghamdi saab explain this as similar expression in surah mumtinah between hand and feet but problem is sexual organ don,t lie in between rib and backbone?

• muhammad saad

Member August 3, 2022 at 1:45 am
  • muhammad saad

Member August 3, 2022 at 1:50 am

@UmerQureshi For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 25:27 to 26:1 relvant part of above video.

• Umer

Moderator August 3, 2022 at 4:12 am

If we understand the language of Quran and how Quran expresses certain terminologies, especially when it comes to intimacy, then there is no issue in understanding their meaning. One caveat though, one needs to have a certain linguistic appreciation w.r.t literary style of Quran.

• Hammad Arshad

Member February 14, 2023 at 3:27 am

Can anyone elaborate Ghamidi sb’s relpy to this question regarding sperm origination in this video? I didn’t get it properly.

• Umer

Moderator February 14, 2023 at 6:14 pm

It is a literary style (ادبی انداز), not a scientific statement.

• Hammad Arshad

Member February 14, 2023 at 6:34 pm

Which literary style has been used?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register