Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Animals Have To Suffer If This World Is A Test For Humans And Jinns?

Tagged: , ,

• Why Animals Have To Suffer If This World Is A Test For Humans And Jinns?

Posted by Muhammad Usama Ashraf on August 5, 2022 at 5:02 pm

I have heard Ghamidi sb. once talking about life suffering and how people have been, on a broader scale, divided into two classes, if we look at the whole scheme of Allah from the perspective of the afterlife. However, one big question that stuck in my mind is:

Why do the animals have to suffer in this scheme of Allah when the test is only for humans and jinns?

I tried to look for some video of Ghamidi sb. for an explanation but could not find one.

Thank you and regards,

Usama

Ali Raza replied 1 year, 6 months ago 9 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Why Animals Have To Suffer If This World Is A Test For Humans And Jinns?

• Umer

Moderator August 6, 2022 at 2:20 am
  • Umer

Moderator August 6, 2022 at 2:28 am

Please refer to the video below from 23:00 to 27:08

• Umer

Moderator August 6, 2022 at 2:28 am

Please also refer to the video below from 8:44 to 31:51

• Muhammad Usama Ashraf

Member August 6, 2022 at 4:02 am

Thank you for sharing the videos and discussion links.

I listened to both the videos and the discussions shared above. It was insightful. However, I believe that this is a partial answer and the question in its true sense is still valid. It makes perfect sense that it is a test for us, humans, and so it is up to us how we treat animals. But there is one important aspect missing here.

My criticism/counter question on this matter is that it is not true to say that it is only humans who have interaction with animals and we should take care of them and that is it. We, as humans, on a daily basis only have access to very few species of animals. A majority of animal life lives in the wild and we do not have any interaction with them and it is animals interacting with animals there. They have their own social lives and they have their own hierarchical levels. And among them they have sufferings. e.g. it has been studied and found that highly social and territorial animals kill each other brutally and most primates fit this profile. Male lions slaughter all the cubs when they join a new pride; rival ant colonies of the same species fight bloody wars; chimpanzees have been shown to kill each other at similar per capita rates to humans. These are only a few examples to elaborate on my criticism. Moreover, animals do have birth defects and reproductive and developmental dysfunction. Now when humans are born with deficiencies we argue it is part of the test. Some people are being tested with luxuries and others with suffering. Makes sense. But now what about animals? They aren’t part of the test so why do they have to suffer from deficiencies?

Looking forward to some more insights.

Thank you and good day!

• Muhammad Talha

Member August 6, 2022 at 6:43 am

Following Post.

• Muhammad Talha

Member August 6, 2022 at 9:58 am

All such matters happening in nature convince one’s rationale that all of this is random, all of it chaos. It takes a lot of effort to go against what your rationale tells you and believe in something based on 100% faith.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 6, 2022 at 3:11 pm

While the problem of animal suffering can be justified in many ways, the fact of the matter is that we have nothing in the sources of knowledge to conclusively know the answer.

However, such a criticism is only raised by people who deny God and propose that this universe is chaotic and came into existence as a result of some random chance. This approach is ignorant though to say the least.

Every single subatomic particle, to unexplainable coherence in the systems of nature, to mathematical precision of physical constants, to exacting laws of nature, to fascinating digital information in every genome, to mind boggling aesthetics in the entire creation – everything around us is empirical evidence of an intelligent designer.

Just the fact that scientists have been discovering and explaining this universe for thousands of years is an empirical evidence within itself because anything that’s not designed can’t be reverse engineered and explained in an intellectual manner.

Besides, the concept of a creator has a long verifiable tradition of prophethood, has been proven mathematically (Godel) as well as philosophically through logic (Kalam cosmological argument), and has never been disproven mathematically, philosophically, or scientifically through empirical evidence. In fact the kalam argument is so rich that it has been a topic of Ph.D. thesis for some.

With so much evidence that establishes a creator and none to disprove it, denial of a creator on the basis of something that we have no way of knowing is perhaps the most ignorant, irrational, and self-contradictory position out there. If anything that requires dogmatic belief, it’s the chance hypothesis because its a conjecture without any evidence.

• Kausar Mehmood

Member August 6, 2022 at 4:39 pm

The initial question that you said was stuck in your mind @Usama1424 brother that why do animals have to suffer. I do remember Ghamidi Sir answering this in one of Ilm O Hikmat program of Dunya News. It was one of the old programs broadcasted I think around 2016, 2017.

I remember just the part of his answer which was why do we assume that animals are not gonna be in Jannah. He further said we should think positive that in Jannah there are gonna be animals which makes this world beautiful. They will make that world beautiful as well. I remember one sentence clearly which was “Wahan Hiran bhi athkeliyan karengi”

• Muhammad Usama Ashraf

Member August 6, 2022 at 6:34 pm

@faisalharoon I think it is reasonable for anyone, believer or non-believer, to ask such questions that arise in their mind out of curiosity. If we put a label that such criticism is only raised by those who deny GOD and look for ways to justify randomness instead of a creator, then, in my opinion, we are transgressing our rights.

I firmly believe in the creator and his existence and I did not want to justify a random creation even if I do not find an answer to this question like some other questions. Before asking this question, I knew that this could potentially be one of those questions that human intellect can not possibly comprehend in this world however, I was still intrigued and was wondering if maybe there could be some explanation that I have not found yet. And more than anything I always look forward to Ghamidi Sb’s opinion so it made me post a question here.

The question was not to prove or disprove if God exists or if he created everything or not but it was, having already a firm belief in God’s existence and creation, related to understanding what principles animals and other living beings are treated in this world which is designed for humans and jinns as a test.

Thank you and regards,

Usama

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 6, 2022 at 6:55 pm

For a person who already believes in God. the first part should suffice that we have no conclusive knowledge of the answer. The detailed explanation is for those who deny God on the basis of such arguments.

• Fatima

Member August 6, 2022 at 11:59 pm

agar ham is duniya ko banany ka maqsad ek dusry ke liye falh ke kaam karny ki jagah samjhy to shayad nazariya kuch or hoga,quraan me hai ki kya tum inhe nahi deekhty ki kis tarha unth camel ko tumhary liye banaya gaya,in chavpayu to ke ye ghas ya aisi cheezo se paith bharte hai jo tumhary kaam ki nahi or tumhe saaf shaffaf doodh dety hai,issy maloom ye hota hai ki in janwaro ko insaano ke taabe kiya gaya hai,or khuda ne inpar ghour karne ke liye bhi kaha or aisa karny se hamne vo cheeze ijaad kari hai jo insano ki falh ke liye hai jaise medicines,lenses,aircraft ,parachute or bhi khuch jo aap log hamse behtar janty honge,to mery nazariye se ye hamary falh ke kamo ki kadiya hai.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 7, 2022 at 2:11 am

God has not informed us about evey detail of His grand scheme. We just don’t know what he do with animals. It doesn’t imply that animals are just waste and will not be compensated. As far as we know God, He is just and merciful. He would compensate animals for their sufferings too.

• Taimur Mughal

Member September 26, 2022 at 5:51 am

Surah Al Anam verse 38 : There is not a moving living creature on earth, nor a bird that fries with its two winds, But are communities like you. We have neglected Nothing in the book, then into their Lord they (all) shall be gathered”

This verse answers the question, God will raise them too all and HE willcompenstae them probably because HE is the most Jist and the Most Merciful. Allah knows best.

• Ali Raza

Member September 26, 2022 at 7:45 pm

I think every creation living on planet earth has its own mechanism of life, and these creations are connected by God will of running this (world) ecosystem smoothly.

Everyone has level playing filed, both humans and animals (any other creation) can harm others.

But being a conscious creation humans has some more important things to do that is to follow instructions of God.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register