A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Hameeduddin Farahi And Abdul Hameed Farahi

Tagged: 

• Hameeduddin Farahi And Abdul Hameed Farahi

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 11, 2022 at 8:08 pm

I’m not sure about the source of name confusion, but yes it’s the same Hameeduddin Farahi.

• اشهل صادق

Member August 11, 2022 at 8:59 pm

السلام علیکم

I’ve found this to often be the case: the name written as Abdul Hameed Farahi instead of Hameeduddin Farahi. I have some questions:

1) Is this the complete text of the book?

2) Has it been translated to Urdu? Because some Arab friends and I have been practising translation from Arabic to Urdu and vice versa (they have studied Urdu at Al-Azhar) and I was thinking that we can use the time instead to translate small books or pamphlets which have not yet been translated. We can then get them checked by someone more knowledgeable in both Arabic and Urdu to ensure we got everything right and maybe upload the translation to the internet. This way, we will be learning as well as contributing to the literature available in both languages.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 11, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Actually your attachment didn’t come through for some reason so I’m not sure which book you might be referring to. However, here’s a list of all Farahi books currently available in Urdu:

https://hamid-uddin-farahi.org/books-in-urdu/

Your idea to translate Arabic books into Urdu is a indeed a commendable one! If I may suggest, you may want to start out by translating one or two small books that have already been translated into Urdu so that you are able to verify the translation on your own. That within itself is great learning and will give you confidence to translate other literature that is yet to be translated.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 14, 2022 at 1:44 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register