Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions A Dilemma While Praying

• A Dilemma While Praying

Posted by Muhammad Talha on August 20, 2022 at 2:08 pm

Since it’s quite hot in Pakistan so when I pray without AC, I get sweaty and want to pray fast and end it soon but on the contrary if I turn the AC on, I pray peacefully and slowly but this makes me feel so guilty that people make such sacrifices and I can’t even pray peacefully without AC?!

I know it’s weird but is it okay or does this mean Imaan is weak that I am unable to bear it for namaaz?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • A Dilemma While Praying

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 20, 2022 at 11:32 pm

This is not an occasion to feel guilty. This is human. There is no demand from God to look for sacrifices when there is no need. Look at it the other way round. Adding a comfort makes you spend more time in the presence of God and you feel grateful for having more comforts. This is the required behaviour of gratitude. Read the account of the prophet Sulaiman in the Quran. How he reacted to the blessings of God upon him, that his gratitude increases with the increase in blessing. All comforts become blessings when we do no misuse them and these do not make us arrogant or make us forget God.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register