Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Are Wife And Children Responsible For Haram Earnings Of A Father Or A Husband

Tagged: ,

• Are Wife And Children Responsible For Haram Earnings Of A Father Or A Husband

Posted by Amara Khondekar on August 24, 2022 at 5:26 am

Salam,

I heard if husband is earning Haram money then wife and children also consuming Haram food and clothes

Also I heard a fatwa that if I earn money through Haram means. Then the money is Haram for me but not if I give to someone.

So, what’s the logic??? Please explain.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Are Wife And Children Responsible For Haram Earnings Of A Father Or A Husband

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 25, 2022 at 4:58 am

Wife and children who depend upon the man, it is not their fault if the man earn haram, however they should not agree with him on his haram means of income. The same goes for others who are not aware of it and receive this kind of money from someone. However, if they are aware of it, they should not accept it.

• Amara Khondekar

Member August 25, 2022 at 8:25 am

Is it ok to ask debt to someone whose earning may be Haram/mixed? What if the person is husband/father?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 25, 2022 at 11:24 pm

You can ask for it if there is no other way, no matter who he is, on the same principle that whatever he possesses is not your responsibility.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register