Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Why Prophet Muhammad Sws Doubted It When All The Prophets Are Guaranteed Jannah?

• Why Prophet Muhammad Sws Doubted It When All The Prophets Are Guaranteed Jannah?

Posted by Mohammed Ali on August 26, 2022 at 6:18 am

Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Follow the right course, be devoted, and give glad tidings. Verily, none of you will enter Paradise by his deeds alone.” They said, “Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?” The Prophet said, “Not even me, unless Allah grants me His mercy. Know that the most beloved deed to Allah is that which is done regularly, even if it is small.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6467, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2818

According to this hadith the Prophet (PBUH) doesn’t know if he’s going to jannah. But I’ve always thought that all prophets were guaranteed paradise? Or am I mistaken? can someone give a source please and can someone explain this?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Why Prophet Muhammad Sws Doubted It When All The Prophets Are Guaranteed Jannah?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 27, 2022 at 11:29 pm

This is a principle statement that no one actually can fulfill the criteria to enter the paradise, as it is the abode of eternal blessings and we cannot do eternal good to earn it, nor can we abstain completely from mistakes and sins. The prophets on the other hand had been assured by God that they did earn the favour of God.

Having said that, God will judge us according to our capacity, that is why the criterion is lowered and this is justice.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register