Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Vulgar Acts A Husband Does And What Does Islam Teach Us About It

Tagged: 

• Vulgar Acts A Husband Does And What Does Islam Teach Us About It

Posted by Ayesha Sheikh on September 11, 2022 at 4:39 am

My husband doesn’t pray regularly and his friends are a bad influence in his life which effects our married life too. He is generally a caring and good husband, but he uses bad language casually with his friends and they indulge him in haram activities like drugs etc. how can i stop him from doing it ? What does the islam say about such problems??

Saad Aamir replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Vulgar Acts A Husband Does And What Does Islam Teach Us About It

Saad Aamir updated 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Saad Aamir

Member September 11, 2022 at 6:49 am

In Islam, the husband is made the head of the family. He bears responsibliity of financial burden of his wife and children as well as maintaining peace so the family system that Allah wants can come into existence. In exchange for this burden, he has the right to be respected.

Keeping this in mind, when a husband is neglecting his duties, a wife can advise him with respect and in a polite caring manner. To explain to him that how his actions are dangerous and advise him to stop, reminding him that marriage is a sacred contract that Allah takes very seriously and that Allah expects husband to honor his role as head of family, in being disciplined and maintaining the family. If it does not work, you may involve a trustworthy party (that both you and your husband agree upon) to come and help you in advising him.

If his sins are not too serious, you may keep this matter in private otherwise if the dangers of his crime is creating a serious problem to those around him, the law can be involved in stopping a dangerous husband. This is according to priniciple, i.e you can involve law to check-and-balance a problematic spouse if the case has gone too far but in case of countries where laws are weak, I may not personally advise it. But it is an option.

These videos generally explains what to do regarding such issues:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lhvrJRel94

• Saad Aamir

• Saad Aamir

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register