Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Assumed Dissolution Of Marriage

Tagged: 

• Assumed Dissolution Of Marriage

Posted by Muhammad Iqbal on September 16, 2022 at 9:57 am

Respected Sir.

I work in judiciary in Pakistan. the issue before me is that a married hindu girl left her husband with four minor kids from him and next day marrid a muslim man, assuming termination of her marriage with hindu husband upon her conversion, and started living with him. Her husband has filled a petition in the court pleading abduction of his wife and children. when she appeared in the court, she denied it and claimed her conversion as voluntary. she did not however observe any iddat period before marrying with the Muslim man, nor offered her hindu husband to embrace Islam. currently she is in Darul Aman, and her children with her hindu husband under court order. her marriage took place in January 2022 and her hindu husband filled the petition exactly after two months.So she lived with her Muslim husband for two months before she was lodged in Darul Aman. her hindu husband on one of hearings has offered to accept Islam to save his family life. but the lady is not willing. I need sir your guidance to decide this case.

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Assumed Dissolution Of Marriage

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 16, 2022 at 11:13 am

If I understand correctly, you’re looking for an advice on whether the said woman’s divorce was valid or not. In principle, there’s no automatic dissolution of marriage upon conversion from one religion to another in Islam. However, you should consult the prevailing law of your country, for example, the Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act of Pakistan.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register