Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Eyewitness By A Minor Child

Tagged: ,

• Eyewitness By A Minor Child

Posted by Deleted User 9258 on September 19, 2022 at 2:27 am

I want to know if a child is a minor but he is the eyewitness of any major sin, at that time he was of 9,10 year’s old. Is he punishable by Allah? And kindly tell me that in how many years a child can appear as a eyewitness in any legal proceeding, according to Islam?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Eyewitness By A Minor Child

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator September 19, 2022 at 4:15 am

No one is responsible for other’s crimes. No, child will not be punished.

A general ruling cannot be given as it depends on nature of crime, understanding of the kid, mental maturity etc. A judge has to decide what is admissible what is not.

• Deleted User 9258

Member September 19, 2022 at 10:40 am

My point is if the boy is an adult now but he still had all the memories in his mind and he feels guilty and thinks he will be responsible for this on judgment day. What’s the Islamic point of view about this matter?

• Deleted User 9258

Member September 19, 2022 at 10:45 am

Also wanna know what’s the Islamic point of view about witnesses. If a person is an eyewitness to something but doesn’t want to become a witness to that particular matter…. What’s Islam says about it?

• Ahsan

Moderator September 19, 2022 at 11:33 pm

@Irfan76 sb can give scholarly opinion on that.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 20, 2022 at 4:19 am

One becomes guilty of concealing witness when he or she is call upon in the court and by some authority when the case is put up. if not not, then mere witness a crime or sin does not obligate one to report it, unless it is to save some other from the harm for example, a conspiracy is being made against a person or state. However, if someone is called for to bear witness, it is the duty of the Muslims to give witness otherwise he or she will be guilty in the eyes of Allah.

The discussion "Eyewitness By A Minor Child" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now