Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Nur:55, Explanation

• Nur:55, Explanation

Posted by Muhammad Talha on September 20, 2022 at 4:21 am

وَعَدَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِینَ ءَامَنُوا۟ مِنكُمۡ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّـٰلِحَـٰتِ لَیَسۡتَخۡلِفَنَّهُمۡ فِی ٱلۡأَرۡضِ كَمَا ٱسۡتَخۡلَفَ ٱلَّذِینَ مِن قَبۡلِهِمۡ وَلَیُمَكِّنَنَّ لَهُمۡ دِینَهُمُ ٱلَّذِی ٱرۡتَضَىٰ لَهُمۡ وَلَیُبَدِّلَنَّهُم مِّنۢ بَعۡدِ خَوۡفِهِمۡ أَمۡنࣰاۚ یَعۡبُدُونَنِی لَا یُشۡرِكُونَ بِی شَیۡـࣰٔاۚ وَمَن كَفَرَ بَعۡدَ ذَ ٰ⁠لِكَ فَأُو۟لَـٰۤىِٕكَ هُمُ ٱلۡفَـٰسِقُونَ﴿ ٥٥ ﴾

• Dr. Mustafa Khattab:

Allah has promised those of you who believe and do good that He will certainly make them successors in the land, as He did with those before them; and will surely establish for them their faith which He has chosen for them; and will indeed change their fear into security—˹provided that˺ they worship Me, associating nothing with Me. But whoever disbelieves after this ˹promise˺, it is they who will be the rebellious.

An-Nur, Ayah 55

I know Quran doesn’t talk to us directly but is there any way we can relate a verse to my personal life? I know this verse is addressing the believers of that time but if I find myself looking for the same advice, can I consider it for myself as well!

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Nur:55, Explanation

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 20, 2022 at 5:50 am

It is a promise and it is for the children of Abraham. It is the special law of Allah for children of Abraham which has been mentioned in the Bible and the Quran that if they accept faith, stay righteous, and spread the word of God, they will be triumphant. It is not for others and the word Minkum (among you) made it clearly exclusive to them.

• Muhammad Talha

Member September 20, 2022 at 5:51 am

Who are the children of Abraham in today’s world?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 20, 2022 at 6:46 am

Quraishid are the children of Arbaham.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register