Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions And As Soon As They Are Overwhelmed By Waves Like Mountains

• And As Soon As They Are Overwhelmed By Waves Like Mountains

Posted by Abdur Rahman on September 20, 2022 at 3:25 pm

As salamualaikum,

There is a verse in quran-

Do you not see that the ships sail (smoothly) through the sea by the grace of Allah so that He may show you some of His signs? Surely in this are signs for whoever is steadfast, grateful. And as soon as they are overwhelmed by waves like mountains, they cry out to Allah (alone) in sincere devotion. But when He delivers them (safely) to shore, only some become relatively grateful. And none rejects Our signs except whoever is deceitful, ungrateful.”

(Surah Luqman 31: 31-32)

My question is –

If a person thinking approach is moving towards atheism then using the above verse is it allowed to harrass someone (muslim or non muslim) with non-violent torture methods like emotional harrasment or humiliating etc.. for bringing the muslim person back to Islam or to make a non muslim accept Islam.

Thanks.

Ahsan replied 1 year, 7 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • And As Soon As They Are Overwhelmed By Waves Like Mountains

Ahsan updated 1 year, 7 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member September 20, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Brother. First, everyone in this World believes in One supreme Allah, including Atheists, but they just recognize him not by the name of Allah, but a force or energy in the universe that created the universe.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member September 20, 2022 at 8:37 pm

Secondly your question is not very clear to me. How there is harassment in the verse.

Allah designed this universe and all the events. When a person goes through near death experience, the person by its own will start accepting existence of a creator and begs for his mercy and help to survive. This is both believers and nonbelievers do. The difference between a believers and nonbelievers is that when believers are saved, they thank Allah and their faith gets stronger. In contrast when disbelievers are saved, they just forget Allah who saved them and return to doing shirk and sins as if nothing happened.

• Abdur Rahman

Member September 21, 2022 at 12:52 am

Thanks for the reply brother Nadeem,

I am not saying that there is harassment in the verse (aauzubillah) or criticising the verse of the quran (astaghfirullah).

Let me rephrase, I was asking can this be used as justification to harass a muslim so that he can be grateful and turn back to Allah.

• Ahsan

Moderator September 21, 2022 at 3:12 pm

Ask them to read the verse again. It is pointing out how a person forget God in good condition but it is God who protects them

• Saad Aamir

Member September 21, 2022 at 7:06 am

Only Allah has that right.

We can only advise and warn people as individuals in a respectful and caring way.

As a state, you can impose punishments on Muslims if they have made their lifestyle of one where they are neglecting Allah intentionally, even after much advice and warnings. But usually, these kind of matters must be taken in utmost care because if you harass someone or punish someone, they might end up hating the religion, then the sin will be upon the state for turning people away from Allah.

As for the individual, I repeat, it’s not even a question, you do not simply have this right.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register