Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Blending Of Shafi Hadith And Hanafi Hadith Principles

Tagged: , , ,

• Blending Of Shafi Hadith And Hanafi Hadith Principles

Posted by Abdur Rahman on September 24, 2022 at 3:41 am

As’salamualaikum,

Why there was a need to blend Shafi and Hanafi hadith principles by scholars like Shah Waliullah (rh) in India and In Arab region by Imam Ibn Humam (rh). ?

I am guessing Ghamidi Sir school of thought goes back to early hanafi principles of hadith like how it was done by Isa ibn Aban (Grand student of Imam muhammad).

Why we are doing it now after 1400 years? Its like going back full circle again to 2nd century hijra hanafi principles to clear confusions out of our deen.

Abdur Rahman replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Blending Of Shafi Hadith And Hanafi Hadith Principles

• Umer

Moderator September 25, 2022 at 11:04 pm

These were all attempts to understand religion with utmost honesty by all these prestigious scholars. We have no way to open up any person’s heart and see whether one is adopting a particular epistemological approach with any external motive or not or with specific motive of clarifying confusions in religion.

• Abdur Rahman

Member September 26, 2022 at 11:18 am

Ulema of the world need to sit with ghamidi sir instead of contradicting with him.

• Umer

Moderator September 25, 2022 at 11:06 pm

• Abdur Rahman

Member September 25, 2022 at 11:58 pm

Appreciate your replies brother Umer and will go through the videos.

I respect lot about ghamidi sir has done for this ummah and his work is surely helping laymen like me.

My question was pointing towards why these scholars deviated from original hanafi principles and was this reason documented in our history.

The discussion "Blending Of Shafi Hadith And Hanafi Hadith Principles" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now