Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 3:55 – Domination Of Jews Over Christians

• Quran 3:55 – Domination Of Jews Over Christians

Posted by Omer Attiq Ahmed on October 1, 2022 at 2:08 am

AoA,

I have seen Nazul e Masih Lecture almost three times, one of the most brilliant analysis from Ghamidi Sahab.

My question is about the last portion of this Ayat. I have failed to convince myself as how present day Israel (or Jews) can be considered as “Magluub” مخلوب infront of Chritians or Muslims. I admit they take aid, they have an unbiased support from America but one the other hand, policies in America are actually dictated by AIPAC. They don’t look “maghluub” but rather their relationship with America is one the same standings. Only other explanation i can think is may be since 1946, Israel, on state level has accepted Hazrat Issa as a prophet of Christians ? Because it is very hard to believe in current political world how they can be seen as “maghluub” of any nation to be honest. Their relationship with America if not less, operates on a equivalent level.

I remember Hasan Bahi asking this question in the lecture but somehow I wasn’t satisfied from the response. Rest was shear brilliance.

Umer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Quran 3:55 – Domination Of Jews Over Christians

Umer updated 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 3, 2022 at 4:11 am

To be Maghlub does not mean subjugation. Israel depends on the US for its existence and not able to take its decisions independently. As a community it has its impact on the US politics but not a decisive one as it is a perception among Muslims. To keep Israel in the middle East is the US interest. To be a Jew is still not a matter of honour for Jew in the US.

• Omer Attiq Ahmed

Member October 3, 2022 at 6:32 am

Thanks Dr Irfan for replying.

• Umer

Moderator October 3, 2022 at 11:22 am

Please also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 37972 • Reply 37978

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register