Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Can A Woman Live Separately From Her Husband Without Committing A Sin

Tagged: , ,

• Can A Woman Live Separately From Her Husband Without Committing A Sin

Posted by Farishta on October 3, 2022 at 2:48 am

Askm. I’m in a difficult marriage since 14 years. My husband never had a stable job and i think he is lazy and careless. I have a decent job and I’m able to support my family financially. But I’m not happy because I’m not able to respect my husband because of this carefree attitude. His parents are also very indifferent to this situation despite me complaining. Do I have the right to live separately with my 6 year old son for my peace of mind. Will this be a sin? Recently he has been diagnosed with depression and I have done everything to help him. Nevertheless I’m too anxious and have no hope of the situation improving. pls help.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Can A Woman Live Separately From Her Husband Without Committing A Sin

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 3, 2022 at 3:10 am

Islam has allowed woman to ask for Khula if she does not want to carry her marriage on. Also, on the ground that the husband is not fulfilling his basic responsibility of providing for her family without any valid excuse, she can live separately. There is no sin in that.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register