Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Basic Demands Of Islam

Tagged: ,

• Basic Demands Of Islam

Posted by Shamir on October 3, 2022 at 2:02 pm

Let’s keep aside how God is managing the order of the world or what is His wisdom, but the basic five things that Islam demands from a person are as follows,

1. Belief in God

2. Belief in the Angels

3. Belief in the Prophets

4. Belief in Divine Books

5. Belief in the Day of Judgement

Well believing in God from my POV is not difficult as the other 4 beliefs are because by looking at this universe, one will surely believe that there is someone who creates this universe and he will definitely try to find the truth. But the other four demands seems difficult to believe I mean especially Believing in Divine books & The Prophets, I can also make sure that by looking at the injustice in this universe, one will also believe that there should be an afterlife whether it exists or not. But how to make sure that one should believe that The Quran is the book of God and how to believe in Prophets and Angels?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Basic Demands Of Islam

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 5, 2022 at 1:28 am

Belief comes with the information from the heavens, whatever the information is. Mere reasoning doesn’t not lead to Believe. Belief is certainty, needs authentic information. So all beliefs including God comes from divine knowledge. We need to attest and assess the source of this knowledge and then we believe whatever the details are there.

Now how does religion proves its truth is a separate topic.

• Shamir

Member October 9, 2022 at 5:26 am

My problem is that I can’t believe by attributing things directly to Allah, but when I think it is from some god, then I attribute it to Allah.

What is the reason behind it and how to overcome it.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 10, 2022 at 11:48 pm

I don’t know what you mean by “things”. The matter of knowledge is not the matter of speculations. For example, if I need to know what kind of illness one has, I need to investigate his aliment with medical knowledge. If I can’t find the information, I can speculate but with no certainty. So think there can be a God is logical, but to believe that there is one who works in certain ways and demands in certain ways, need information or knowledge from Him. No speculation works here.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register