Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Purpose Of Hijrah Of Prophet Muhammad (sws): Freedom Or Rule?

• Purpose Of Hijrah Of Prophet Muhammad (sws): Freedom Or Rule?

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on October 3, 2022 at 3:33 pm

Assalamualaikum

Ammar Khan Nasir in his book “Jihad” wrote that:

دین کا یہ غلبہ، ظاہر ہے کہ منکرین حق کے خلاف قائم کیا جانا تھااور اس کی عملی صورت یہ تھی کہ بیت اللہ کو مشرکین کے قبضہ وتصرف سے آزاد کرا کے دوبارہ توحید خالص کا مرکز بنا دیا جائے اور اسلام کے علاوہ کوئی دوسرا دین سرزمین عرب میں غالب اور سربلند نہ رہے۔ اس ہدف کو پایہ تکمیل تک پہنچانے کے لیے ’قتال‘ کاناگزیر ہونا تاریخ وسیرت سے واقف ہر شخص پر واضح ہے اور قرآن مجید میں کفار کے خلاف جہاد وقتال کے احکام، جیسا کہ ہم ابھی واضح کریں گے، اسی تناظر میں وارد ہوئے ہیں۔ …….. تاہم نبی صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم اور آپ کے پیروکاروں کو مکہ مکرمہ میں اس کی اجازت نہیں دی گئی جس کی وجہ یہ ہے کہ کسی آزاد اور خود مختار علاقے میں ایک باقاعدہ نظم اجتماعی کے تحت اپنی سیاسی وحربی طاقت کو مجتمع کیے بغیر یہ مقصد حاصل کرنا ممکن نہیں تھا، چنانچہ نبی صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم کو یہ ہدایت کی گئی کہ حق کا غلبہ باطل پر بزور قوت قائم کر دینے کے لیے انھیں جس حکومت واقتدار کی ضرورت ہے، اس کے حصول کے لیے وہ اللہ تعالیٰ کے حضور دعا کرتے رہیں:

وَقُل رَّبِّ أَدْخِلْنِیْ مُدْخَلَ صِدْقٍ وَأَخْرِجْنِیْ مُخْرَجَ صِدْقٍ وَاجْعَل لِّیْ مِن لَّدُنْکَ سُلْطَاناً نَّصِیْراً. وَقُلْ جَاءَ الْحَقُّ وَزَہَقَ الْبَاطِلُ إِنَّ الْبَاطِلَ کَانَ زَہُوقاً. (بنی اسرائیل ۱۷: ۸۰، ۸۱)

’’اور دعا کرو کہ اے پروردگار! مجھے عزت و اکرام کے ساتھ داخل کر اور (مکہ سے) خیر و خوبی کے ساتھ نکال اور مجھے اپنے پاس سے ایسا اقتدار نصیب فرما جو مددگار ہو۔ اور کہہ دو کہ حق آ گیا اور باطل نابود ہو گیا، کیونکہ باطل کے لیے نابود ہوناہی مقدر ہے ۔……………اللہ کے حکم سے آپ کا مدینہ منورہ کی طرف ہجرت کرنا اسی مقصد کے لیے تھا

This domination of religion, obviously, was to be established against the deniers of the truth, and its practical form was to liberate Bait Allah from the possession and control of polytheists and make it the center of Tawheed Khalis again, and any religion other than Islam should be the land. Do not be dominant and exalted in Arabia. The necessity of ‘fighting’ to achieve this goal is clear to anyone familiar with history and the Qur’an, and the injunctions of jihad against the infidels in the Holy Qur’an, as we shall now explain, have been introduced in this context. …….. However, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and his followers were not allowed to do so in Makkah, because in a free and independent region, they had their own political and military affairs under a formal order. It was not possible to achieve this goal without consolidating power, so the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was instructed to establish the dominance of truth over falsehood by force, in order to achieve the government of authority he needed. They should continue to pray to Allah Ta’ala:

And pray that O Lord! Enter me with honor and leave me (from Makkah) with goodness and bestow upon me from You a power that is helpful. And say that truth has come and falsehood has been destroyed, because falsehood is destined to be destroyed. ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔ Migration to Madinah was for the purpose.

That last line that migration to Madinah was getting a rule. If I’m not wrong then according to Ghamidi sahab the purpose of migration was just liberation from their persecution, and to get some rule wasn’t the purpose but Rasool SAW got political rule because two big groups with city rule in Madinah (Aws and Khazraj) accepted Islam but that wasn’t the main purpose. So are they both (Ghamidi sahab and Ammar sahab) saying the same thing or do they differ or am i understanding some of them wrong?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Purpose Of Hijrah Of Prophet Muhammad (sws): Freedom Or Rule?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 5, 2022 at 1:23 am

You rightly pointed out. Both of them seems to have the same saying here. The prophet didn’t aim to get the power but he was asked to make a request for power to assist him. It happened that the prophet was chosen to be head of the power he was provided in the form of ANSAAR of Madina.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member October 5, 2022 at 5:24 am

Can get little details, because Ammar sahab seems to have an opinion similar or same to e.g Dr Israr?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 6, 2022 at 11:09 pm

To my understanding, Ammar saheb’s opinion is near to Ghamidi saheb, not to Dr Israr.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member October 9, 2022 at 5:28 pm

So for understanding Ghamidi sahab’s view, i went to Hayat e Rasool e Ummi. But first, does Ghamidi sahab totally agree with that Seerah book or he disagrees, if yes then how much. Perhaps …….%.

Secondly, on page 253, second last line, it’s said that “when you will get dominated so would you come back to your nation and leave us”. And on page 258, God said to Prophet SAW to read a dua which is “Lord! Wherever you want to make me enter, let it be an entry with honour and from wherever you want me to leave, make me leave with honour and make political authority my helper especially from Your self”. So it can be interpreted as that Prophet SAW did migrate for political power (and actually above is the translation of Ghamidi sahab. The actual Ayat is:وَ قُلۡ رَّبِّ اَدۡخِلۡنِیۡ مُدۡخَلَ صِدۡقٍ وَّ اَخۡرِجۡنِیۡ مُخۡرَجَ صِدۡقٍ وَّ اجۡعَلۡ لِّیۡ مِنۡ لَّدُنۡکَ سُلۡطٰنًا نَّصِیۡرًا. So Ghamidi sahab did translate it as for political power). So

1. did Prophet SAW migrate for getting power and establishing a state

2.just liberation from persecution

3. Or people from Yathrib got to know that because Prophet SAW is a Rasool then ultimately he is gonna prevail. And dua for political power is to protect self and others from the enemies (Makkans).

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 10, 2022 at 11:39 pm

A comparison needs some deliberation which is not possible for me here to do. I appreciate you to make one and you can develop your understanding of the two.

Principally, the domination of Rasul does not required political power necessarily. Natural calamities used to determine the triumph of Rasul against his opponents.

We read in the Quran that the prophet Lot too long for men power to counter his wicked people, but he could not find such a support.

The dua of the prophet does not tell his aim, but his wish or need juts like that of Lot. His preaching had no agenda to acquired power. These circumstances are to be decided by God.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register