Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Dating & Betting Application Development

Tagged: ,

• Dating & Betting Application Development

Posted by Muhammad Huzaifa Rasheed on October 6, 2022 at 3:48 pm

Salam

I’m Muhammad Huzaifa here from Pakistan.

I’m running a software development company and we mainly work in mobile application development, as all of our clients are from west so we sometimes get a request to build a dating app or a betting app and it was usual for us and I was like okay, we are just developing it not doing ourselves and also knowing the fact that it’s not for “Islami jamburi-e-Pakistan “

So I accepted a request and we have started building a dating app for one of our clients but after the project development started one fine day few employees requested to have a meeting with me and they said its Haram and we can’t do it, I was like it’s there way to get married and we have all the marriage apps running here and those are halal?

But then they said okay we can understand but the app we are developing it allows the same gender interactions and swipes so that’s completely haram.

Then I realised that it can be haram as it have this factor which is clearly mentioned in Quran so I get afraid and excused my client that we can’t help you with this project.

So just to clarify and for future reference can you please let me know if it’s allowed to us to develop a dating mobile app like this?

Same goes for betting apps as well

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Kind regards,

Muhammad Huzaifa

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Dating & Betting Application Development

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 6, 2022 at 4:06 pm

In principle we are asked to abstain from anything that is immoral. As long as you have other viable options available to earn a living it would be recommended to stay away from developing apps that might be used to spread immorality within any society.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register