Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 2:102 – Is It Permissible To Learn Nafsi Uloom?

Tagged: ,

• Quran 2:102 – Is It Permissible To Learn Nafsi Uloom?

Posted by Shah Faizan on October 7, 2022 at 8:46 am

Ghamidi sahab said only magic is not permissible but when it comes to other nafsi uloom (like what was revealed on harut and marut) you can learn them (if there is no shirk involved). My question is how is it permissible because Quran says it’s disbelief to learn such things.

Umer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Quran 2:102 – Is It Permissible To Learn Nafsi Uloom?

Umer updated 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 7, 2022 at 10:47 am

It has already been explained in Al-Bayan footnote 248 for verse 2:102.

248: The actual words are: فَلَا تَكۡفُر. the negative imperative is as per the consequences. The implication is that the discipline they teach is a double-edged sword; it is more probable that people will use it for evil purposes and as a result get themselves involved in disbelief and polytheism.

• Shah Faizan

Member October 9, 2022 at 9:30 am

Thanks for the answer. I think it’s better not to learn as it’s very difficult to know if there is shirk involved or not because the experts of this knowledge use different types of symbols,letters, numbers and patterns and everything has a meaning and I think we can never know the real meaning of these things, these things can lead to kufur anytime…so it’s better to save the iman and stay away from these things.

• Umer

Moderator October 10, 2022 at 11:13 pm

Following contains links to discussions of Ghamidi Sahab on this topic:

Discussion 64223

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register