Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is It Permissible To Live In A Non-muslim Country

• Is It Permissible To Live In A Non-muslim Country

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 13, 2022 at 9:35 am

Please cite some examples of laws in your country that compel you to act against Islam.

• Atif Gulzar

Member October 13, 2022 at 9:49 am

No they don’t compel us to do anything against islam, we can follow our religion freely, but their overall government policies are supporting homesexuality etc.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 13, 2022 at 9:59 am

In that case you should be thankful to your country and follow your religion. If there are governmental policies that you feel strongly about, you can peacefully work to bring awareness about why they are wrong and should be changed.

• Atif Gulzar

Member October 14, 2022 at 7:35 am

I was listening to another scholar and they’re saying it is haram going to non-muslim country to get nationalities, jobs, education etc. I am not sure I should mention the name of the scholar here or not?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 14, 2022 at 8:10 am

That is the view of a lot of traditional scholars. Ghamidi sahab has explained the traditional view, its misconceptions, as well as the correct view in the light of the Quran and the Sunnah. For details please see:

Discussion 5376

and

Discussion 5374

• Nadeem Minhas

Member October 13, 2022 at 2:04 pm

In my opinion if a government doesn’t allow freedom of religion; especially the essentials of Islam (Belief, prayer, fasting, Zakat and Haaj) and furthermore persecutes practicing Muslims then it is required for Muslims to move out of that country.

In any other case, it is more preferable to live in a non-Muslim country to peacefully spread Islam and bring a positive change.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register