Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Scheme Of Examination – Gaslighting Oneself?

• Scheme Of Examination – Gaslighting Oneself?

Posted by Muhammad Talha on October 13, 2022 at 9:08 am

I am sorry but it seems like Gaslighting where you are expected to assign a different meaning to your reality than what it really is.

What’s the difference between the two?

Abdur Rahman replied 1 year, 6 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Scheme Of Examination – Gaslighting Oneself?

Abdur Rahman updated 1 year, 6 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 13, 2022 at 9:30 am

Your question is not clear.

• Saad Aamir

Member October 13, 2022 at 9:45 am

Gaslighting is only possible when the reality is proven to be different. Scheme of Examination and an Afterlife is the only model to resolve the issues of current reality. Until you can prove alternative models of reality that resolve the issues of life, Quran’s view will remain to be the only reasonable model by default. It’s not gaslighting, it’s being realistic.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member October 13, 2022 at 4:41 pm

A different thought.

The difference between reality and not reality is relative duration of permanence of something. Suppose you are in a dream or a virtual reality 3d environment; the only reason you call it not a reality because they are short term and you MUST get out of it to a realively longer duration reality that is our life.

Now comparing the duration of our life to the permanent life in the afterlife, this life is extremely short and we MUST get out of it. Thus this life is not a reality.

For this reason, this life fits with the description of Quran that this life is setup for a test for human beings.

At the end the ultimate reality is Allah which is eternally living: even beyond the eternal life of humans in the afterlife.

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 14, 2022 at 1:57 am

I have heard this from traditional madarsa students that if you want to make someone think himself as sick then all the students of his class started informing his healthy teacher that he is sick.

Eventually the teacher felt sick and took a leave.

@muhammad talha…Is this what you are talking about ? and you want to examine reality in this situation ?

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 14, 2022 at 4:10 am

***Typo errors due to auto-correct from my device***

\\Re-posting due to no edit option\\

I have heard this from traditional madrasah students that if they want to make their teacher think himself as sick then all the students of the class started informing their healthy teacher that he is sick.

Eventually the teacher felt sick and took a leave.

@muhammad talha…Is this what you are talking about ? and you want to examine reality in this type of situation/scenario ?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register