Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Sanaa Manuscript And Variant Readings Of Quran

Tagged: 

• Sanaa Manuscript And Variant Readings Of Quran

• Ahsan

Moderator October 14, 2022 at 9:32 am

We dont know who wrote that Manuscript.

Sanna Manuscript is same Quran what we study today. The problem occured when the manuscript was placed under UV light they observed that there were different words written behind it which were later erased to write uthmanic reading. Hence this manuscript got attention of scholars. Apparently, those erased verses donot shake the muslim claim of preservation of Quran. Once explanation may be what Ghamidi sb said in following post from 21:36-25:46 about Ibne Masud manuscript
    Discussion 71280 • Reply 75444

• Ahsan

Moderator October 14, 2022 at 9:32 am

You may watch this to get info
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMeXNm88Z-g

• Atta Rehman

Member October 14, 2022 at 10:43 am

Sir, I was just asking little more detail on this subject as people are saying the Carbon dating of the Manuscript suggest it was Written close to prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, time, And if there are any differences between it and Usmanic (or original) Manuscript

I have watched all the sessions of Ghamdi Sahib on Qiraat but not to my recollection This manuscript was mentioned in the discussion or maybe I missed it. If possible can this be presented to Ghamdi Sahib for clarification as there are many You tubes videos on this topic including the one that you mentioned in the link

• Ahsan

Moderator October 14, 2022 at 11:45 am

Birmingham Manuscript is older. Although parchment is carbon dated not the ink. so its an estimate.
    There are minor differences but they are not radically different. U can find difference in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanaa_manuscript

• Atta Rehman

Member October 14, 2022 at 11:52 am

Thank You Sir

Appreciate your time

JazakAllah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register