Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Eternal Hell And Imposing Of Jizya On People Of Book

• Eternal Hell And Imposing Of Jizya On People Of Book

Posted by muhammad saad on October 15, 2022 at 8:00 am

اِنَّ الَّذِیۡنَ کَفَرُوۡا مِنۡ اَہۡلِ الۡکِتٰبِ وَ الۡمُشۡرِکِیۡنَ فِیۡ نَارِ جَہَنَّمَ خٰلِدِیۡنَ فِیۡہَا ؕ اُولٰٓئِکَ ہُمۡ شَرُّ الۡبَرِیَّۃِ ؕ﴿۶﴾

جاوید احمد غامدی

اہل کتاب اور مشرکین میں سے جن لوگوں نے (اِس ہٹ دھرمی کے ساتھ قرآن کا) انکار کر دیا ہے، وہ یقیناً جہنم کی آگ میں جائیں گے، اُسی میں ہمیشہ رہنے کے [11] لیے۔ یہی بدترین خلائق [12] ہیں۔

my question is that according to law itmam hujjat people of of book were subjugated and jizya was imposed on them.they were not given capital punishment of death as idoaltors of arab. Then logically they must not be send to eternal hell .who do we can reconcile betweem these two?

Umer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Eternal Hell And Imposing Of Jizya On People Of Book

Umer updated 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Saad Aamir

Member October 15, 2022 at 8:15 am

My understanding is that the differences is only upon whether they must face death in this life as you highlighted.

However, path of kufr will always be eternal Hell. But because Ghamidi Sahab say that it is a warning, it means we will see how Allah will ultimately judge everyone and whether He chooses to complete His warning exactly or choose to let go.

In the end, it seems that because People of the Book accepted the truth partially (tawheed) then Allah gave them more time to reconsider their actions while in humilation and save themselves from the path of kufr (i.e Eternal Hell) but the mushrik rejected all of the truth and proven to be stubborn so there was no hope for them it seems.

• Umer

Moderator October 20, 2022 at 12:15 am

Hell can still be eternal for both the groups but nature of that punishment may vary between different groups. It can be more severe for one group and less for the other.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register